Contest 20 - Discussion and related pictures

Registered users may enter and vote on their favorite cactus picture!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

GeneS wrote: PS. We need to do a bit of marketing for this thread. Only 13 entries and 21 votes out of over 1000 members? What say daiv?
Yes, a mass e-mail is in order. I've been reluctant to send those as I am looking for a mod that will allow me to create an on/off list for that. I'm not happy with the management features for the mass e-mail. I don't like the long message about not being SPAM and all that. I'll just send one for the next contest anyway. Hopefully for the one after that, I'll have something better in place.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
GeneS

Post by GeneS »

Rather then a mass email, maybe you can automate a regular new subject posting to one or two of the most popular threads. Prompt them to post pics and/or vote with a link to instructions. Maybe one at the beginning of a new contest and one at last day or so of voting would make a difference without burning up too many electrons :)

GeneS
peter

Post by peter »

Congrats Gene, beautiful plant and nice photo!
iann

Post by iann »

I got here too late for the vote :( Not that one more vote would have changed the outcome. Gene's flower is superb and superbly photographed but I preferred Buck's snap.

Here's my own not quite so well-photographed P. nelii.
--ian
legolas29

Post by legolas29 »

Would allowing more time for entries to be submitted generate an increase in the total # of entries?

Give people 2 weeks rather that just 1?

Maybe do the same for voting.

just a thought.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Legolas, we used to do that, but it seemed a bit too slow as I remember, but what is the hurry?
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti