aaggh, the stress!

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
cactusplantqueen

aaggh, the stress!

Post by cactusplantqueen »

This is the first winter with my coldframe and temporary greenhouse although i do plan to get a heater for the coldframe and a new glass greenhouse it is the first frost tonight! :? i dont know what its going to be like tommorow, i've got a load of seedlings (mainly pelargonium) and i forgot to bring my pelargoniums inside so they may pop their clogs, AND worst of all, i left my echeverias outside, just remembered i forgot to bring them in the shed for the night :? .

while i'm here drinking my cocoa my plants are being frozen, i hope the frosts arent too bad here, they forcaste 4degrees c where i live :? oh well, heart attacks come with the territory :P
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yes, I can now relate... I was going through that a couple weeks ago. Now they are all packed away and I am left wondering who will survive the winter in the cold, dark, cellar....
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tony

Post by Tony »

I think we all have had a few "pop their clogs" :lol: to frost at one point or the other.
Hope everything is ok!
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
cactusplantqueen

Post by cactusplantqueen »

i've been putting a cola bottle of hot water in the coldframe then covering it with old carpet and bubble wrap, it just about raises the temp enough to keep frost at bay! :confused1: