What kind of lophophora is this?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
skrinkle

What kind of lophophora is this?

Post by skrinkle »

My sister bought this for me for Christmas. I know it’s lophophora, but not sure which kind? Is it too young to tell for sure? I’m hoping it has pink flowers whatever it is, because I love pink. (Also wondering when I can take the babies off and plant them in soil) =P~
esp_imaging

Re: What kind of lophophora is this?

Post by esp_imaging »

It's hard to tell with non - flowering Lophophoras.
It's very hard to tell with grafted ones which are quite bloated and don't look typical, like yours.

Maybe it's Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa, because it's branching very strongly.
Or maybe that's just because it's grafted.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

From the green rather than bluish-green body colour it may be Lophophora koehresii which went around as the nomen nudum L. viridis = green before it was validly named. As ESP says though it is hard to name Lophophora's out of flower.

Lophophpra koehresii.

kohresii.jpg
kohresii.jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 746 times

This is sometimes reduced to a variety of L. diffusa.

https://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/LOPHO ... hresii.htm
skrinkle

Post by skrinkle »

esp_imaging wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 pm It's hard to tell with non - flowering Lophophoras.
It's very hard to tell with grafted ones which are quite bloated and don't look typical, like yours.

Maybe it's Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa, because it's branching very strongly.
Or maybe that's just because it's grafted.
Thanks! I’ll check back when it flowers