Looking for echinopsis Paramount hybrids

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
AnTTun

Looking for echinopsis Paramount hybrids

Post by AnTTun »

I'm trying to collect all 26 original Paramount echinopsis hybrids. Not to brag 'I have them all' but because they are a part of heritage, echinopsis hybridization started with them. Sadly, some of them got lost or dispersed or kinda hidden, I've managed to collect 18 of them and I'm missing 8. My European sources are pretty much exhausted, Huntington and Ruth Bancroft's gardens don't have them, mattslandscape.com seems to be dead... so I'm hoping someone here could point me to a new direction.

Any info is appreciated, thank you.
DaveW

Re: Looking for echinopsis Paramount hybrids

Post by DaveW »

Harry Mays used to act as the ISI Agent in the UK before CITES stopped plants being imported from America and I know he had some of the Paramount Hybrids under ISI numbers since he was selling them a couple of years back at the Cactus Explorers Weekend and the UK is still in the EU yet so no problem importing.

His email is here if still up to date. If not as you are on the BCSS Forum you could try PM-ing him to see if he is still active, or even write to his address.

https://forum.bcss.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=137489

I think somebody in our Nottingham branch may have also bought some from him if you have the names of the 8 you are missing?
AnTTun

Post by AnTTun »

Small world Dave :)

Here is the list:
Fluffy Ruffles
Dainty Bess
Orange Glory
Betelgeuse
Mary Patricia
Red Riding Hood
Blaze
Pink and White

Thank you in advance :)
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

I have Fluffy Ruffles, Mary Patricia and Dainty Bess. I was given some hybrids from an older collection.
Shane

Post by Shane »

How's the search going? Have you found any of the 8 you were missing?
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction