Crested T. Panchanoi Question

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Briguytm

Crested T. Panchanoi Question

Post by Briguytm »

I have a Crested San Pedro, does any one know if they have a lower tendency to flower or if they flower at all? I know it takes a while for them to mature to the point that they will flower, but I cant really find any images online of crested ones flowering. He are some pictures of my plant.

get a url for a photo

get a url for a photo

Thanks!
ElieEstephane

Re: Crested T. Panchanoi Question

Post by ElieEstephane »

I was browsing through the member topics but can't remember whose topic but they had a very large T. Pachanoi crest planted in the ground and it was huge. They were posting flower photos but i never saw that of the crest.
However, monstrose and crested cacti do flower just not all of them.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

it is possible
Attachments
Proof
Proof
TPC-IMG_3048.jpg (103.88 KiB) Viewed 632 times
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Interesting Stefan,

It has flowered on what looks like a reversion that is turning monstrose itself, but at the moment does not seem to be going cristate. Though whether it will develop cristation later would be interesting to know?

Presumably cristates would flower when large enough as with the normal species, either with normal flowers or in some cases monstrose flowers too.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

To clarify this is not mine,nor do i take credit.
But my assumptions is that only non crestated parts of plant flower(a saguaro growing multiple branches that flower over crest), or plants that are not too far gone(partial crestation).
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

Been in the ground for over 20 years, no flowers yet. I do take off all normal columnar growth. I get about 8 to 10 each year. The plant is easily 4 feet in diameter and 4 plus feet tall. :)

3[1].jpg
3[1].jpg (112.52 KiB) Viewed 614 times

8)
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

That explains it then. it probably needs normal growth flower.