Large echinocereus nicholii

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Arizona Fero

Large echinocereus nicholii

Post by Arizona Fero »

Here are a few shots of some big Echinocereus nicholii that I have found in the last two months, all of these have 50 or more steams, with that last one having 109,( my new record.) Take Care Martin
Attachments
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii.JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii.JPG (138.51 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (1).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (1).JPG (142.8 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (3).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (3).JPG (137.66 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (4).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (4).JPG (124.86 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (5).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (5).JPG (140.79 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (6).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (6).JPG (133.49 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (7).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (7).JPG (112.56 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (8).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (8).JPG (112.93 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (9).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (9).JPG (137.16 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (10).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (10).JPG (107.35 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (11).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (11).JPG (128.11 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (12).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (12).JPG (121.25 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (13).JPG
Fiffty or more Steams Echinocerus nicholii (13).JPG (109.59 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
I DIG CACTUS
bluetexasbonnie
Location: Geronimo, Texas (near San Antonio) Edge of zone 8a - 8b.

Re: Large echinocereus nicholii

Post by bluetexasbonnie »

Cool!
My cactus must be gods. They demand blood sacrifice.
tumamoc

Post by tumamoc »

Nice clumps.
kpj35

Post by kpj35 »

Very neat - thanks for sharing!!
Arizona Fero

Post by Arizona Fero »

You bet, I am glad you guys liked them. Martin
I DIG CACTUS
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

very beautiful martin!
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
Arizona Fero

Post by Arizona Fero »

Hey Arjen and John Hixson, I read on here that your echinocereus nuts like myself, That's great. Martin
I DIG CACTUS
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

hey Martin, I wouldn't go so far..
I actually specialize (nut) in Weingartia s.l.
That being said, I have grown quite some Echinocereus from seed and I do love these plants, I'm just afraid that my greenhouse is simply too small to house many plants of this genus... they often form large groups...
I am also the initiator and moderator of the Echinocereus group on facebook, I suppose I am an Echinocereus nut for a bit, but not necessarily a collector.
I love and admire habitat shots and plants of this genus that other people grow.
So I guess I am and I am not, haha

One of the Echinocereus I have grown from seed is E. nicholii, so I think it would be fun to show one of mine here, just past the seedling stage:
echinocereus nicholii 120514.JPG
echinocereus nicholii 120514.JPG (63.62 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
Arizona Fero

Post by Arizona Fero »

That is one cool little e.nicholii, they are my favorite field echinocereus, big and armed well. I go out about 2 times a week and find new areas were echinocereus grow in southern Arizona. Then I take a bunch of photos and share them with all you guys on these sites, that's a lot of fun for me, and I am trying to learn as much as I can from these cacti growing in there natural habitat. As you can see I live in Tucson AZ, and I am lucky enough to have a good size piece of land were I can just stick my echinocereus in the ground, and mother nature takes over from there. I have about 212 echinocereus in my gardens and they are all doing great rite now, Well Take Care. Martin
I DIG CACTUS