Shot...

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Peterthecactusguy

Re: Shot...

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

haha doubt they could dent those, BUT they seem to like super spiny plants, IE O. aciculata... C. acanthocarpa, and of course C. fulgida
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

They could dig it up and leave it lying on my driveway, just cause it looks weird. Wouldn't be the first time...
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".
Peterthecactusguy

that is true, I forgot about their love of roots! I have seen them dig up, Agaves (in my yard) cacti roots, and even Ocotilla roots, not in my yard...
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

I've never had an issue with peccaries and Agaves, other than minor incidental digging. For example, digging around Agaves for Palo Verde seeds.... Lots of dead/damaged cacti though...
Agave
"American aloe plant," 1797, from Greek Agaue, proper name in mythology (mother of Pentheus), from agauos "noble," perhaps from agasthai "wonder at".
Peterthecactusguy

well, in this case I think it was a peccary that dug around the base of an Agave. I do not know for sure if it was trying to eat the Agave or something else that was in the soil near it.. For all I know it could have been damp soil when they did it and it was nice and cool and muddy . BTW the Agave survived fine.. just had a hole near its base and it might have had some root damage.
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

Still gettin' its tilt on...
Attachments
Cacti 004.JPG
Cacti 004.JPG (80.72 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
Agave
Peterthecactusguy

mine from march has grown about 4 inches or so and is still up right lol
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

You know, that's going to look really great in your landscape - especially when it starts putting out some pups. Maybe you can get a couple more and speed the process. They look really cool when they crawl over each other.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

I think I'll help it out once summer passes (don't want to expose any roots in this heat) by digging and leaning it more, and see how it reacts to that. With my luck, it'll start trying to stand up!
Agave
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

Here it is now, nearly three years later. It did this all on its own.
Agave