The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
cactushobbyman

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 4/6/2012

Post by cactushobbyman »

I know what you mean by crap spring weather. Last few days we've been in the mid 60's. :lol: Be looking forward to see the finished project.
*Barracuda_52*

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 4/6/2012

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:P Sloooooooooooooooooooow progress but hey we are getting there one day at a time when its nice out.. LOL!! We have a whole week rain comming in so looks like we will be working inbetween when its not raining. Everything we are doing takes time its a royal pain to chop dig and shake off the dirt from the top layer of lawn/weeds hubby is using the dirt i clean for the mound around the cascades and i load the grass/weeds/roots and dump in the woods, the main walk way i just started on, had to dig and level where the swing is now, will look awsome once i edge that done and fill with mulch around and under the swing that conects to the one walkway there will be 2 more conecting walkways. Got the one back pannel up behind where the swing is sitting. Heres whats done so far.

With rain in the forcast and everything else going on it might take me 2 more weeks to get alot more done.
Will update again as we go.. 8)
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
*Barracuda_52*

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 4/12/2012

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Ok time for a update, finaly getting somewhere LOL!! Between hubby and everything else going on i have finaly managed to get things done i still have a long way to go and need shurbs and more plants and still do some work around the pond area and such today im redwood staining the deck again and then will be working on the foutain flower/plant box in the yard. The sun has been REALLY strong here so i use my trust ol blue tarps to cover the tropicals GH and the cactus GH when i need to the only time the tropicals GH gets shade is for 45 mins when the sun gets behind one tree. I will update again once everything is done. Hard to see the cool fish spitter at top of the casscades, i need to adjust the water flow to that its very windy today so the fountain head spray was blowing all over. LOL!! One of the hostas i dug up and planted, the one thats huge in the back did not like being dug up after 8 yrs of growth elsewhere, so now its sulking. :lol: Thats ok will make a full come back next spring its called a blue mammoth its hard to see the blue color in the pics. I still need to fill in few bare spots on the mound and also add more rocks to the edge of the cascade and pond edge. Plus fill in the shurb flower box along the outside of the GH's. I do say its comming out really nice. :D We have had NO RAIN :( everything is badly dry so i have to stay on that with the hose.

ENJOY!! 8)
Last edited by *Barracuda_52* on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactushobbyman

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 6/14/2012

Post by cactushobbyman »

Everything looks great and I hope some of the issues you have been facing improve too. :)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how the work was going, as we had not seen any updates for a while. It looks great! What a fantastic satisfaction you must be getting seeing it all coming together. Brilliant!!! =D>
Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Holy mackerel! You have been busy! Too bad about the lack of rain - hope you get some soon. We just got a bit over an inch - maybe that storm will make it over to you.

How are things looking inside the greenhouse? (hind hint)
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

That shaded swing looks like a good place to be!
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Thanks everyone its still work in slooooooooooooow progress, with thigs going on around here and hubbys illness i get pooped out quickly but i keep on going no matter how bad my arthritis pain is.
Davi now rain for us it went the other way.. :( :( The say maybe for sunday and monday, i will belive it when i see it rain, other than that back to the hose. :P Will get some GH insde pics soon, gota get everything waterd and then the floor vac'd clean and re arange plants.
Harriett i help hubby get to the swing and he sits there enjoying everything while in the shade and keeps me company while im out there working. 8)
Tony

Post by Tony »

Looking good tracey! :D
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
John C

Post by John C »

It's really coming together nicely! It looks GREAT! 8)
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:D Thank you Tony and John. I try its nothing fancy but its good enough for us. The sun has been BRUTAL this yr and its been in the 90's some of the hostas got alittle sunburned since they were not use to so much sun, but thats ok they will make a real nice come back next spring and will be totaly use to full sun like my others are around the yard. I still need to go and collect my swamp ferns and mosses to place around the pond and i have some nice river driftwood to place out there to. We still have not had any rain and things around here are suffering BADLY :( its terrible we should have had tons of rain storms already this yr but we havent. :(
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Man! Still no rain for you? I can feel your pain - hoping it changes soon.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Well here it is 2013 spring, ya right what spring its almost middle May and its freezing outside temps plumited to the low 40's low 30's and night temps going to be in the 20's brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr poor plants well neighbors needed there eden pure heater so had to use this one a friend loaned me keeps the air warm temp about 45 to 50 at night in there we thru a tarp up over the GH tonight the tarp helps keep some heat in. Anyways its down pouring rain, im still not done repotting plants and moving them out but this will do for now till a sunny day when i can get better pics of everything, you will have to excuess the messy GH. :oops: I was hobbling along outside to the GH my one knee is toast and im in alot of pain, dropped the cam so i guess the settings needed to be fixed some pics are blurry, the lights in the GH throw the colors off.
Tropicals are not going out to there GH for another 2 weeks. :(

Here we go plants out spring 2013

Looking in while out in the rain, its almost dark outside. I thru that rug down so i can wipe my feet befour going in since we track so much sand in didnt help wood chips from the path stuck to my slippers LOL.

One door open going in.

now in door shut.

Few views around at the plants. :D
To the right side,

To the left side,

I will get much better pics in the daylight hope we have some sun tomarrow and will also fix the stupid cam while im at it.. Still have lots space :P well alittle anyways LOL!! Gona keep filling it till i cant get in the door HA!! No seriously need my walking space. :wink:
Last edited by *Barracuda_52* on Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iann

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Post by iann »

Now that is homely. I must get a fitted carpet in my greenhouse :lol: I'd need one if it was still that cold here :shock:
--ian
*Barracuda_52*

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:D Thanks Ian, it got cold last night had to build a fire in the wood stove to keep chill outa the house brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hubby said wow its cold in here for a change :lol: hope the plants faird well, going out to take tarp off and turn heater down for the day, we still have rain going thru and the temps are going to plumet badly there warnning all farmers and plant growers get plants coverd if not get plants inside someplace.