Photo posting issues

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Shmuel

Photo posting issues

Post by Shmuel »

Hi all, and Daive, this format is vary nice looking.

In the past I have login issues due to being forced to use Explorer, but either the site is upgraded or the fact that we have upgraded to IE 9 seems to have fixed all that. Thanks!!! It's like coming home! =D>

Now that I am back being able to post, I seem to have an issue with photos. Is the only way to send up a jpg on the site as an attachment? I had a post with 7 pics and they came out all wierd - doubled and wrong order. It got deleted (I did not save draft #-o ), but I asume the pics are still on cactiguide. How do I access the photos that I already sent so I can recreate my post?

Thanks,

Shmuel
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!
cactushobbyman

Re: Photo posting issues

Post by cactushobbyman »

I have one computer with Internet Explorer 9 and it doesn't work. I have another one and I use Firefox it doesn't work and I have one computer using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and it works. Doesn't figure.
iann

Post by iann »

Using Firefox here. The machanism for uploading photos is now as attachments. If you want to include an image attachment in your post, you can press the "inline" button after you're uploaded the image and it will be placed inside your message. Watch carefully when you have multiple images that you inline them in the correct order.

Don't try to access old images. They might be there but they are only identified by a unique number and you're going to have trouble guessing it. In the previous forum orphan images were periodically cleaned up, but I don't know about the new version. You can manually delete images if you still have the post available.
--ian
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hey my ISP took forever to update the DNS so that I could see the site again. Now that I'm here, I see Iann covered the question already. You can see the "how to" link for images here: http://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=25028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Shmuel

Post by Shmuel »

Ian said,
Watch carefully when you have multiple images that you inline them in the correct order.
Thanks what got me. Then I tried to fix it with the code and... ](*,)

I hope all my old images are not gone. :shock: I was really looking forward to showing the same plant 3 years later....
Alas, I just shows the impermanace of life - to plant now, for we know not what the future brings.

Thanks for the link Daiv.

Cactushobbyman, Daiv has said this before, but sometimes dumping cache and cookies alows for a new beginning.

All the best,

Shmuel
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!