Forum restored - free to post...

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
majcka

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Post by majcka »

Now I get a slightest idea how did Dave fill when the forum crushed. I did some stupid clicks and delited some files from my computer. I had hard time to restor some files but quite some pics that was stored on computer are lost forever. I'm moaning for three days but it doesn't get any better. I believe now it's time to stop and get over it.

Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Maja,
I am sorry to hear that you had your own version of this disaster. :(

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

majcka wrote:Now I get a slightest idea how did Dave fill when the forum crushed. I did some stupid clicks and delited some files from my computer. I had hard time to restor some files but quite some pics that was stored on computer are lost forever. I'm moaning for three days but it doesn't get any better. I believe now it's time to stop and get over it.

Really frustrating! Have you tried a system restore Majcka? It will take your comp. back to how it was at a certain date and time. Might not work, but worth a try if you have not already tried it.
Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
majcka

Post by majcka »

Tiggy wrote: Really frustrating! Have you tried a system restore Majcka? It will take your comp. back to how it was at a certain date and time. Might not work, but worth a try if you have not already tried it.
Susi
Thanks for the tip but... I tried many things. Even unerase programs. The catch is, it restores all of the bits but... the jpg file is not valid. All I can get of it is a litle red cross. The problem is that pics were too large for the recycle bin and were erased somewhere alse where obviousli was no way back. I did save some other files thow for example some construction calculation of the building. That was the most important thing. As of the pics... I still have both originals with me (read: my children).
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

hegar

Post by hegar »

First I too want to voice my appreciation for the efforts to restore the cactiguide site. At least now things are almost back to the way they were before. :D
Once again, thank you Daiv and everyone else who was involved with the restoration efforts.

Harald
John C

Post by John C »

Things seemed like they were getting back to normal as of a few days ago. I just logged in and found that my avatar was gone and some others are as well. Were more photos lost? Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
majcka

Post by majcka »

John C wrote:I just logged in and found that my avatar was gone and some others are as well. Were more photos lost? Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?
It hapend to my avatar aswell. I simply erased it from it's place and put it on again. It works since.
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

John C wrote: Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?
No more pictures have been lost - so if anyone notices avatars missing - it would be from clearing your cache. Doing a ctrl+F5 should do the trick for anyone if you want to clear your cache.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
John C

Post by John C »

daiv wrote:
John C wrote: Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?
No more pictures have been lost - so if anyone notices avatars missing - it would be from clearing your cache. Doing a ctrl+F5 should do the trick for anyone if you want to clear your cache.
Thanks Daiv! That's what I was wondering, but I was unsure. I just need to find my avatar photo, I know it is on my computer somewhere.... :-k
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"