CactiGuide.comcactus forum
cactus home cactus identification cactus tech care for your cactus learn more about cactus
cactus nomenclature where cactus grow cactus forum cacti pests and diseases why I grow cactus

Forum restored - free to post...

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.

Moderators: hob, templegatejohn

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby majcka » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Now I get a slightest idea how did Dave fill when the forum crushed. I did some stupid clicks and delited some files from my computer. I had hard time to restor some files but quite some pics that was stored on computer are lost forever. I'm moaning for three days but it doesn't get any better. I believe now it's time to stop and get over it.

Image
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Image
User avatar
majcka
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am
Location: Vace, Slovenia, EU

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby daiv » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Maja,
I am sorry to hear that you had your own version of this disaster. :(

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
User avatar
daiv
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23597
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Long Prairie, MN

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby Tiggy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 pm

majcka wrote:Now I get a slightest idea how did Dave fill when the forum crushed. I did some stupid clicks and delited some files from my computer. I had hard time to restor some files but quite some pics that was stored on computer are lost forever. I'm moaning for three days but it doesn't get any better. I believe now it's time to stop and get over it.

Image

Really frustrating! Have you tried a system restore Majcka? It will take your comp. back to how it was at a certain date and time. Might not work, but worth a try if you have not already tried it.
Susi
User avatar
Tiggy
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 pm
Location: Inland from Imperia 800msl Italy

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby majcka » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Tiggy wrote: Really frustrating! Have you tried a system restore Majcka? It will take your comp. back to how it was at a certain date and time. Might not work, but worth a try if you have not already tried it.
Susi


Thanks for the tip but... I tried many things. Even unerase programs. The catch is, it restores all of the bits but... the jpg file is not valid. All I can get of it is a litle red cross. The problem is that pics were too large for the recycle bin and were erased somewhere alse where obviousli was no way back. I did save some other files thow for example some construction calculation of the building. That was the most important thing. As of the pics... I still have both originals with me (read: my children).
Image
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Image
User avatar
majcka
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am
Location: Vace, Slovenia, EU

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby hegar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 am

First I too want to voice my appreciation for the efforts to restore the cactiguide site. At least now things are almost back to the way they were before. :D
Once again, thank you Daiv and everyone else who was involved with the restoration efforts.

Harald
User avatar
hegar
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:04 am
Location: El Paso, Texas

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby John C » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:49 am

Things seemed like they were getting back to normal as of a few days ago. I just logged in and found that my avatar was gone and some others are as well. Were more photos lost? Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
User avatar
John C
 
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:23 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby majcka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am

John C wrote:I just logged in and found that my avatar was gone and some others are as well. Were more photos lost? Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?

It hapend to my avatar aswell. I simply erased it from it's place and put it on again. It works since.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Image
User avatar
majcka
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am
Location: Vace, Slovenia, EU

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby daiv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 pm

John C wrote: Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?


No more pictures have been lost - so if anyone notices avatars missing - it would be from clearing your cache. Doing a ctrl+F5 should do the trick for anyone if you want to clear your cache.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
User avatar
daiv
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23597
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Long Prairie, MN

Re: Forum restored - free to post...

Postby John C » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 am

daiv wrote:
John C wrote: Or was it possibly stored on my computer for a little while after the disaster?


No more pictures have been lost - so if anyone notices avatars missing - it would be from clearing your cache. Doing a ctrl+F5 should do the trick for anyone if you want to clear your cache.


Thanks Daiv! That's what I was wondering, but I was unsure. I just need to find my avatar photo, I know it is on my computer somewhere.... :-k
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
User avatar
John C
 
Posts: 3743
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:23 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests