New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Moderators: ElieEstephane, DaveW
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:43 am
- Location: Kalgoorlie, Australia
Hi all I knew to this forum,
I used to grow (and kill) a few cacti when I was young. I am geting into growing them again as I need plants that can handle a wide variety of conditions and arn't water hungry, and can handle a bit of neglect. I work long hours and live in a rather dry location.
Looking forward to talking with you all.
- Posts: 2286
- Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:10 pm
- Location: Massachusetts,USA. Zone 6A
Welcome from north of the equator!
A cacti grower who likes Ariocarpus.
- Posts: 4236
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am
- Location: Vace, Slovenia, EU
Hello to you too. Wellcome.
- Posts: 610
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:46 am
- Location: Illinois
Daniel (age 17)
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 pm
- Location: Western Australia
How ya goin' we're virtually neighbours!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 23605
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 pm
- Location: Long Prairie, MN
Great to have another bloke from the Southern half of the globe! To think - you are in the middle of summer!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
- Posts: 2519
- Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:53 am
- Location: Harrietta, Michigan
- Posts: 4205
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 7:12 pm
- Location: vught, the netherlands
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
- Posts: 10770
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:56 am
- Location: Chino, Ca, USA (zone 10)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!
- Posts: 3359
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:04 am
- Location: El Paso, Texas
I too want to welcome you to the cactus forum. This is a truly nice group of people and I am certain, that you are going to enjoy it here.