Share your pets here

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
CelticRose

Re: Leenah in 20 sec video

Post by CelticRose »

amanzed wrote:This 20 second video of our dog Leenah hosted on Photobucket doesn't play in Firefox on my system, but does play properly in Safari (with correct aspect ratio).
It plays in IE9 too.

She's a cutie. :)
My mind works in mysterious ways.

I'm all a-Twitter: http://twitter.com/RosCeilteach

My needlework blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

I clicked your video (in Chrome)and it took me to Photobucket. Played fine there :) Cute pup

Nice new picture too ;) You look like a different person
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage
amanzed

Leenah says *wag* *wag*

Post by amanzed »

Aw thanks, CelticRose. Here's her short history:

One day in 2005 when I was jogging around Occidental College, I spotted a young female dog wandering around. I spotted her first with one group of people, but then she seemed to be walking with a different group, which seemed strange. I did notice she was very cute.

Before I knew what was happening, that doggy was at my side jogging alongside me. This was fun for a few steps, but I didn't want to lead her away from her home, so I tried to shoo her away. She would run away from me, but then she'd return and continue jogging alongside me. Eventually she followed me home, one-and-a-half complete circuits of Occidental College for a total of 2 miles.

We looked for ID and tried to find a previous owner (she was already spayed and in good condition), but we never found any clues.

We named her Lena (later respelled "Leenah", closer to the original Doggish). She has been a terrific doggy ever since and she's awfully smart, with a large vocabulary of understood English: doggy, kitty, coyote, squirrel, bone, food, bath, "Do you wanna go for a...", toy, treat, sit, down, up, shake, play dead, car, Ron, Maricela, Monica, "I have to go", bye-bye, stay, this way,...
jessr

Post by jessr »

I don't think I have put a picture up here yet.

This is Ziva. She's our 2year old Boxer. We just adopted her in May.
nap time

cactuslee

Post by cactuslee »

my goldfish and koiImagethe koi is about 10inches long. they are in a 55 gallon aquarium.
paulzie32

Re: Leenah says *wag* *wag*

Post by paulzie32 »

amanzed wrote:
We named her Lena (later respelled "Leenah", closer to the original Doggish). She has been a terrific doggy ever since and she's awfully smart, with a large vocabulary of understood English: doggy, kitty, coyote, squirrel, bone, food, bath, "Do you wanna go for a...", toy, treat, sit, down, up, shake, play dead, car, Ron, Maricela, Monica, "I have to go", bye-bye, stay, this way,...
Wow! She sounds smarter than some of my employees and even some of my customers. Congrats on having such a great doggie adopting you ;)
Image I wasn't raised a Cactolic but converted to Cactolicism later in life ImageImage
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

my pal billy

With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
paulzie32

Post by paulzie32 »

Awww... I had a love bird just like that named Peaches. Unfortunately, I had to give peaches to one of my employees.
cactushobbyman

The pets

Post by cactushobbyman »

Part of the family,

Sammie

Sadie

Trick or treat with Sable

The three amigos
amanzed

Nice happy family

Post by amanzed »

Nice happy 3-dog family. Though Sable looks a little uncertain at the moment of the last photo. I think I know that look from my two doggies.
hob

Post by hob »

my newest companion came along to replace my 2 dwarf hamsters the last of which died in October

this one is a full sized Syrian hamster he is full of life and demands to be let out most evenings when he roars round the downstairs part of the house in his plastic ball crashing into things with a loud bang :lol: i did let him out without his ball but he hid up under the furniture and tried to rip up the carpet :shock: so now he is either on the settee with me or in his ball when he's out :lol:

incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hob, in all these years, I didn't know you had any pets. Sure is a cuddly looking critter!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
GermanStar

Post by GermanStar »

New snaps.

hob

Post by hob »

daiv wrote:Hob, in all these years, I didn't know you had any pets. Sure is a cuddly looking critter!
i had a pair of dwarf hamsters

but they have a short life span so when they died i replaced them with a Syrian who demands to have my attention every night at about 10 pm so at the moment its careering round the floor in its ball creating mayhem and demanding i give him some attention Image

still it does keep me company in the long winter hours :D
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
NTCHBL

Post by NTCHBL »

Here;s my crew.

Stormy is a ten year old Pit Bull Doberman mix. I've had her since she was tiny enough to sleep in my shoe.

Loki is a six year old American Pit Bull Terrier. She was born three days after my son.
Opening her Xmass presents here

Chino is a five year old American Bulldog. She sings when she's happy. She's a little lump of lazy dog.

Doctor Mambo is a two year old Pit Bull Wolf mix. He was to be destroyed at nine weeks because his parents were "dangerous". He's dumb as a sack of hammers.
One of my favorites from when he was younger

Tish is a six and a half year old Blue tongued Skink, she's the self proclaimed bug patrol here.

I've also got three stocked aquariums right now, I keep African Cichlids, South American Cichlids, and deformed Goldfish.