Hello from the south of England :)

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
HeliosCacti

Hello from the south of England :)

Post by HeliosCacti »

Hello everybody, my name is Richard and i'm a cactus grower in the south of England. This website has been immensely helpful to me over the last few years so i thought it was about time to sign up on the forums.

My main interests at the moment are Brazilian cacti, particularly Uebelmannia and Coleocephalocereus, but i am starting to grow Discocactus from seed as well. I also started growing some Epiphytic cacti in the last couple of years which is something i hope to expand on in future. So many plants so little time!

I really enjoy reading the forums here to see what everyone else is growing, and i hope to contribute to that myself. So anyway, thanks for having me and i look forward to getting to know you all :D
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the south of England :)

Post by daiv »

HeliosCacti wrote: I really enjoy reading the forums here to see what everyone else is growing, and i hope to contribute to that myself. So anyway, thanks for having me and i look forward to getting to know you all :D
Hi there. I see there haven't been any replies on your post yet. This is not exactly typical and I think it is because we've had so much "signature spam" lately.

Since you have one post and a link to a nursery site, it "fits the profile" a bit.

So perhaps post a couple pics of your favorite plants and tell us a little bit about them.

And please don't take offense - it is just that spammers are getting better and better at "fooling" us. So a personal reply will prove you are "one of us". :thumbup:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
HeliosCacti

Post by HeliosCacti »

Hi daiv, no offence taken at all!

I can remove the link if it's considered bad form for the site, i certainly don't mean to spam the forums. I have been posting over on the BCSS forum for a few years now with the name 'RK' (my initials) but i will be happy to put some pictures up here soon. I have a small collection compared to a lot of people here but there should be a few things of interest :)

Apologies if i started off on the wrong foot here, it was not my intention!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

No you didn't do anything wrong at all. Please keep your link in your signature. REAL members should feel free to put their site links in their sigs, etc. We've just had so much of the other lately that most of us have become hypersensitive to it.

So let me be the first to say welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about you and your plants.

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
HeliosCacti

Post by HeliosCacti »

Thanks!

And i would just like to say great work on the website here, God only knows how many hours i have spent browsing the plant directory! :D
JeffWhiteDevil

Post by JeffWhiteDevil »

Welcome to the forum HeliosCacti!
:D
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hello Richard and welcome to the forums! :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony