Carnivorous Plants

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
tvaughan

Carnivorous Plants

Post by tvaughan »

Hi, I've got over a hundred kinds of Carnivorous plants. Some are easy growers, some aren't, but for anyone interested I'm looking for Stalepiad cuttings.

Here's a forum where you can see various kinds of CPs and their requirments.

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.ph ... a69935c98b

I'm in CA.
Wildfyre

Post by Wildfyre »

Hmm... you seem familiar.. :p
tvaughan

Post by tvaughan »

Hey Bonnie!! Now we just need CactusChris and a few others to come over here.

Did you get the seed I sent? It went out the same day I got your SASE.

And while we're on the subject, I've still got Golden Barrel Cactus seed for a SASE.
Wildfyre

Post by Wildfyre »

Yes I did! Thank you so much!

And to anyone else reading this, I can vouch for Tim. He's an awesome person to trade with and knows his plants :D
Spikey1007

Post by Spikey1007 »

Im gona be buying a venus fly trap in a vauge attempt to keep fly numbers down in the house when i went down B&Q to buy some hack saw blades and of course me being a boy that likes nature i checked out the plants section i saw thier flowering cacti which had flowered but the flowers had died, the air was way to humid for the cacti in that area so im gona buy 1 cacti from there so it has a better life in a less humid environment and two of the cacti dead on the shelf all shrivled up and brown! Then i looked down at the self below i spotted about twenty venus fly traps in a neat row i payed for my hack saw baldes and was on my way the next day when went back to B&Q to buy 2 venus fly traps my heart sank i was so exicted i was gona be getting a venus fly trap that when i went to the self where they were the day before there was nothing there, i asked one of the staff and he said they must of been all sold ( i thought to my self in the space of about 2 hours 20 venus fly traps have been bought) so in 2 weeks thats when they get thier next stock in so thats when the amount of flys in my house will drop.

i know most of you are probably thinking "Why dont you just enploy the fly-swatter?"

My Answer to that is i would like to get rid of flies in a way which helps nature.
Wildfyre

Post by Wildfyre »

Just curious.. are you aware that Venus Fly Traps require very high light and distilled or rainwater? It could be difficult to keep the amount you are talking about.
Also, I wouldn't have my hopes set on them curing your fly problem. They take days to digest each fly and the flies will reproduce faster than they can eat them..

Just a thought...
Spikey1007

Post by Spikey1007 »

Yeah i did know they prefer rain water but i read some were old tap water will do fine for a while but i will be able to get hold of distilled water because my father installs air-cons and they produce alot of distilled water will out its more mosquitos and moths that are the problem but flys are a problem but they dont reproduce in my house they just fly in when my french doors are open but i only bought three at 2 pound each if they do die i will buy some more and seek professioal advice.