November 2014 (why not? right?)

A more in depth look at individual cactus species, a new one is added each month -managed by Hob
KittieKAT

November 2014 (why not? right?)

Post by KittieKAT »

Didn't see anything for 2014, since i didn't scroll thru every page I'm not sure if this cacti was previously a cacti of the month or NOT. But thought what the heck, might as well get this post moving again :)

This is a trichocereus poco, atleast....that's what i think it is :-k
It's got a beautiful soft green color and yellow/golden spikes radiating in different lengths down its body in short haired large areoles.
Its drought and heat tolerant like most cacti, im not positive what color flowers it has cause mine pictured hasn't flowered yet. It can handle cold to about low 40's i don't usually leave my plant's outside when it drops Lower then that cause I'm a chicken 8-[

Please input any info you may have about this cacti and please correct Me if I'm wrong about the name or any info i provided
Attachments
Without the flash little crooked to not get stabbed by surrounding cacti lol
Without the flash little crooked to not get stabbed by surrounding cacti lol
CAM01800.jpg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 9749 times
With the flash it's spines literally glow
With the flash it's spines literally glow
CAM01801.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 9749 times
View from the top
View from the top
CAM01804.jpg (74.9 KiB) Viewed 9749 times
KittieKAT

Re: November 2014 (why not? right?)

Post by KittieKAT »

And sorry for the not so professional looking photos :oops:
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I lost a lot of previous photo's with a computer crash which is why I stopped, plus did not get around to taking many this year but hopefully manage to get my act together and take some next year. Glad to see others posting though.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea if i had a better camera and knew most of the names of my cacti, lol
I'd post some more. But it's soo cold these days there not showing anything as spectacular as they other posts :)
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Dont worry about the picture quality the cactus quality is great. Nice and symmetrical and clean epidermis and no missing areoles goid work. I have a clumsy touch and have knocked of areoles of some young plants, luckily it should grow out and not be noticeable in time.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

You have heard of glued on flowers Ade, I have even heard of detached spine clusters being glued back too! :lol:
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes i have a few of thoes missing spikes and some with damage that were on their death bed when i bought them, most of my cacti are dying when i buy them, sooo i save them and bring them home with me!
Can't help it, i would feel bad if i left them behind.

And Dave, ive Seen it! Don't do it personally I'd feel bad, but I've seen it!! Lol