Los Angeles area collectors/growers?

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
mas00

Los Angeles area collectors/growers?

Post by mas00 »

Hello

I'm new here and I'm in the LA area. I wanted to know if anyone knew where I could get Lophophora williamsii plants for my apartment?
I know about the stipulations, but it's not for that purpose. If anyone has a clue, or can send me a name and info, much appreciated.
You can also private message me as well.

Mas
toadstar

Re: Los Angeles area collectors/growers?

Post by toadstar »

A brand new member, whose first and only post is asking about who to contact in order to acquire a cactus of dubious legality in the USA.
Good luck with that.
MagiCarpus

Post by MagiCarpus »

Is this one of those rare occasions where I could say it's good to be a Canadian? :wink:
I suck at identification :dontknow:
keith

Post by keith »

Ebay sells lophophora but they are called ariocarpus .. If you know what they look like its obvious what it really is.

That's your best bet or grow from seeds.
mas00

Post by mas00 »

thanks, to everyone who actually replied, and didn't sarcastically say anything worth time. I don't want to go through ebay. I know someone from over seas, but I don't want to deal with customs. I'd figure someone on this forum would know a person in LA.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Not hard to grow from seed. Seeds are easy to obtain from Europe from many legit and respectable succulent seed sellers (see the 'Updated seed lists' thread on this forum), and you get the seeds labeled with an obscure order number, so if customs will have a peek in the envelope, they will not know the actual content.
toadstar

Post by toadstar »

I suppose you could always join the Native American Church too.