This is where I work.

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Brontosaurus

This is where I work.

Post by Brontosaurus »

I hope it's not inconsiderate of me to show off what I'm doing for work. My friend owns a nursery that acquired a huge selection of cacti, and since that's not what they usually sell, I asked if I could come in and catalog them. I'm learning as I go and it's really fun. Here is the website. http://mountaincrestgardens.com/cactus- ... ollection/
keith

Re: This is where I work.

Post by keith »

They bought Abby Gardens cactus I used to go there whe it was in Carpinteria. Mammillaria rhodantha ssp. pringlei looks like it has mealy bug ?

They had some really nice cactus at one time.
Brontosaurus

Post by Brontosaurus »

Yeah, Abbey Gardens was great. For the record the only reason Mountain Crest bought them out was because the guy was retiring. It wasn't like a corporate takeover or something like that. As far as the M. rhodantha, they've all been treated for mealy bug and if they once had it they don't anymore. I'm not sure what the white stuff is, but as best I can tell they're disease free.
keith

Post by keith »

For the record the only reason Mountain Crest bought them out was because the guy was retiring.'

Lem higgs the owner he acually died I just found out a few days ago . Normally a family will sell the nursery when this happens like with Desert images. Better to sell than let all the plants slowly fade away.

Corporate takover of a cactus nursery thats funny :D
Brontosaurus

Post by Brontosaurus »

That's too bad. Lem was a good guy. I knew he was retiring because he had cancer, but I didn't know he passed.