AZ cactus sales

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
keith

AZ cactus sales

Post by keith »

I visited this nursery a few days ago around 3pm very hot and dry. They have some nice stuff and will have more in the fall. worth a visit if you're in the area. Chandler AZ
Attachments
Saguaros like the heat
Saguaros like the heat
20160714_142054_resized (002).jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
Vipassana

Re: AZ cactus sales

Post by Vipassana »

I like this nursery a lot. I try to get over there once a month just to look around. There's a lot in the greenhouses that isn't on display or for sale, but I always sneak a peak in there.
phoenixbunny

Post by phoenixbunny »

I live a few miles from this place! I've never been inside before. I've always wondered if they have small cacti too...
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

One of my favorite places! Highly recommend!
TimN

Post by TimN »

phoenixbunny wrote:...I've always wondered if they have small cacti too...
Yes, they have lots of young plants in 2 or 3 inch pots. They also buy collections and sell them off so you can occasionally find very nice specimens of plants that you normally only see sold small. I got a couple of nice A. myriostigma a few months ago. They were a very nice size (large-ish grapefruit).

They always have a huge selection of P. schottii monstrose. They have also had nice P. greggii they grew from seed a few years ago. I don't go very often so YMMV.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim