Melbourne, FL

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
J-M

Melbourne, FL

Post by J-M »

Hello,

Next month I am going in the Melbourne, Fl area to visit some of my girlfriend's family. She knows how much I love cacti so we have planned to take some time to visit a nursery or botanical garden. Do you know any place worth visiting around there ? If you had one place to go for succulents, where would it be ?

Being in the hearth of winter, snow, cold weather, etc I look forward to this trip !

As usual, thank you for your help.
tomo

Re: Melbourne, FL

Post by tomo »

I haven't been there myself, but judging from JMoney's post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36195 Florida Cactus Inc. in Apopka, FL looks awesome! I found their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Florida- ... 8310579271, looks like they're only open Mon-Fri (and with the winter hours, you might want to call to double-check). Apopka is probably 2-3 hours away from Melbourne, so someone else might have a suggestion of something closer in the Melbourne area, or if not, this might be a fun day trip. Happy travels! :D
jmoney

Post by jmoney »

Florida Cactus in Apopka, FL is worth the trip! Trust me their selection of cacti and succulents is amazing! I want to go back so bad. On a side note their prices are very reasonable as well. Staff is also extremely friendly and is willing to try and go out of their way to help you find something if you are having trouble navigating their many greenhouses.
Budding cactus enthusiast

Twitter: jmoneypn
Instagram: jmoneypn
J-M

Post by J-M »

Thank you both for the info. I have not been able to go there this time, but since we will visit the area a few times in the next year I for sure plan to visit Florida Cactus in Apopka !