Moscow suburban Cati World

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Snowcat

Moscow suburban Cati World

Post by Snowcat »

Hello, guys!

I want to share lots of puctures of a great place we now have here in Russia. It is called "Cacti World". It is situated in Moscow suburbs, like 1hr train ride from city center. This place was born a year ago. Three russian cacti fans brought together their collections to give birth to the biggest collection in Russia. It is not opened fro everyone but one can contact the project leader to get a personal invite. I've visited this place today and I must say it's fantastic for a cold county, like Russia.

The first hall

The second hall

Top floor, the third hall

Lots of flowers

Wonderful species

Golden barrel as it really should look like, like in tropics!

Melo-kindergarten

And Melo grown ups

"There are fields, Neo..."

New generation

Flowers

More

More

More

More

And even more

Cacti look very close to wild species

While all are grown here in Russia

I hope you liked it :)

Full album with 150+ picures http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/i ... ategory/74
K.W.

Re: Moscow suburban Cati World

Post by K.W. »

Paul, this is fantastic !!! =D>

I looked at all the pictures; 'll probably discard my insufficient collection. . . :wink:

"Nevertheless," Thanks for the insight and the proffessional pictures.
(and the wedding pictures are also very beautiful, congratulations! )

Best wishes

K.W.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

K.W., show mercy! If your collection is insufficient then probably everyone's here is also :) You have great collection!

"Nevertheless," that place really was veeerry impressive. Lot's of work was put there. I brought 17 cacti from there for myself :)

And thanks for your congratulations!
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

Thanks for sharing, just saw your pictures on the link, that's an amazing Astrophytum ornatum.
Bruno
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

That place has really lots of amazing species... Even makes me dreaming about working is some place like this... Maybe later, aster my retirement.
DWDogwood

Post by DWDogwood »

That really is a fantastic place, like an exhibition hall. People with passion for cacti will find a way to show it no matter what the climate.
And I see Parodia is well featured. :D
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

I've explored this place three times in a row :) Once with a wide angle lens on my camera, the other time with a macro lens for shooting flowers and during third time I've chosen 17 cacti which I took home. My backpack was full of cacti, which made me extremely happy.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

That's great they sell cacti their aswell i would luv to go their i always wanted to go to Russia anyways, to bad i can't seem to learn anything but swears from my bf in his native Russian tounge! Lol
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Paul,
I just took an imaginary tour through the Moscow suburban Cacti World. The plants are all well-grown and look healthy. I was most impressed by the large (old) Ariocarpus spp. collection, but enjoyed looking at all of the plants. One of the plants that was especially impressive was the Astrophytum ornatum plant with the spiral rib arrangement.
Well, it is nice, that you do have this place, which exhibits and sells cacti. Where I live cacti are considered weeds by a lot of people. Despite living in a city of over 500,000 inhabitants we do not seem to be able to attract more than 20-30 people to join our cactus club. However, every year there are people who will purchase cacti at the sale run by the Native Plant Society.

Harald
jp29

Post by jp29 »

That is indeed a magnificent display of wonderful plants, Hegar.

James
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image