UK online nurseries

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
dave123791

UK online nurseries

Post by dave123791 »

Hi, do you guys know any nurseries in the UK that do online orders, i have been looking for one but can't find any and i dont want to buy cacti from ebay. If you know one please post a link, cheers
Carl_B

Re: UK online nurseries

Post by Carl_B »

cactusshop.co.uk is a good online seller and I believe abbey brook will post plants
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Crostoncactus.co.uk do online orders. I have bought a few plants off John and Norma, very good quality plants and friendly and quick service. Also I have bought a few off plantlifecactus, solentguy and chilternhillscacti via ebay. I know the price then becomes variable but they do add new stock all the time so just be patient and wait for a price you are happy with.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
dave123791

Post by dave123791 »

adetheproducer wrote:Crostoncactus.co.uk do online orders. I have bought a few plants off John and Norma, very good quality plants and friendly and quick service. Also I have bought a few off plantlifecactus, solentguy and chilternhillscacti via ebay. I know the price then becomes variable but they do add new stock all the time so just be patient and wait for a price you are happy with.
Thanks, i really appreciate your help, i will order some cacti after i get the soil sorted out.
globose

Post by globose »

I have bought cacti and seeds off ebay with decent luck. World Seed Supply is a good seller. I got some seeds from them that were very fresh and germinated well, as well as two healthy seedlings.
savant

Post by savant »

Glenhirst is also a good one. I've had stuff a few times and they've always been excellent quality.
Latin is a dead language thank goodness.
Rod Smith

Post by Rod Smith »

I've bought lots of cacti on ebay in the UK over the past three years and haven't yet had a bad experience. If you look at the individual feedback comments on a seller's rating, you get a feel for the reliable sellers.
Cactus enthusiast on and off since boyhood. I have a modest collection of cacti & succulents.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Rod Smith wrote:I've bought lots of cacti on ebay in the UK over the past three years and haven't yet had a bad experience. If you look at the individual feedback comments on a seller's rating, you get a feel for the reliable sellers.
Good call, I have had some very nice plants from uk ebay sellers.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

adetheproducer wrote:
Rod Smith wrote:I've bought lots of cacti on ebay in the UK over the past three years and haven't yet had a bad experience. If you look at the individual feedback comments on a seller's rating, you get a feel for the reliable sellers.
Good call, I have had some very nice plants from uk ebay sellers.
As have I, but it's a very expensive way of obtaining plants, I find. I guess you need more self-restraint than I have. :wink:

Anyway, here's a list of most of them: http://www.cactus-mall.com/nurseryuk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From that list, I would certainly recommend Tony Irons (who sells on eBay too), Croston-cactus, Rene Geissler, the Edginton's nursery, Southfield nursery and westfield. :) There are other great suppliers out there though, you just have to look.
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
willow

Post by willow »

Hello Dave
I have bought from Glenhirst Nursery and Aristocacti and have been more than happy with both suppliers. The plants arrived very carefully packed minus pots and in very good condition, Im sure you will not be disappointed!
Happy buying
Willow
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

Anyone ever had any luck with World Wonders Gardens (http://www.worldwondersgardens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)?
I ordered seeds from them back in January 2013, and they arrived promptly.
However, I contacted them again earlier this year 2x and haven't heard a peep; the website also doesn't seem to have been updated since 2013.

Was unfortunate, as they were one of the few places that had seeds for Cleistocactus luribayensis that I've had such a devil of a time with!