Beijing botanical garden

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Snowcat

Beijing botanical garden

Post by Snowcat »

Last time I was in Beijing I've visited Beijing botanical garden. A reat place to visit, especially in spring. First foto is just to give you the overall impression of this place - flowers are EVERYWHERE!

And of course it has a cacti part. The other photos are from there...

Hope you enjoyed the trip :)

Feel free to browse the whole album here http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/i ... ategory/34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SnowFella

Re: Beijing botanical garden

Post by SnowFella »

Nice shots!
And guessing from the album name and some slight diggin that you have I have more than just cactiguide in common, though I wish I had an A77 to play with rather than an old A350 :(
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

Yeah, looks like we have lots in common. :) Like we both have "Snow" as a first part of our nicks, haha!

A77 is a real treasure! But it requires some skills to develop. When I've just started to use it 2 years ago (after several other DSLRs!!!) I've got alot worse results then I can achieve now with it.

Here is another album, more flowers. A last winter's exhibition of cacti and orchids in Moscow. All plants were in pots there - http://www.alphatraveller.org/gallery/i ... ategory/31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Guess the "snow" parts from from both being from the dark cold north :lol:

Wish I could go for the A77 but have a feeling it would be overkill for my needs, was aiming for an A57 but since they are discontinued now I guess it's A65 here I come. =P~
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

Well, I can talk alot about Sony cameras :) Actually I am a tester of SONY optics and cameras for the Russian Sony-Minolta club. So I have used (not owned!) many of their cameras and lenses...

As for a possible step forward for you, I'd recommend either a new A65 or a used A77. They have the same sensor so the image quality is identical, but A77 allows to control the process more closely, giving you useful things like ISO 50 (best for macro!), 1/3 ISO stops, e.t.c. I'd also recommend to avoid A58, it is a toy, not a serious camera. BTW, as everyone is expecting a new SONY camera that will replace A77, the prices on used A77s should drop this autumn...
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Lucky you! I'm making do with a kit of old Minolta beercan generation lenses plus sony 18-55 and 50 1.4.
And I did look, very briefly, at the A58 and quickly made the call it was one to avoid.
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

I have 9 lenses now... And only one of it has SONY written on it. And only 4 of them are the modern ones that are currently in production. The old lenses often can do things that are unreachable to the modern ones. BTW the Beercan is a pure legend, as the whole /4 series.

But that all is offtopic... I am sorry for that... We can move to corresponding forum part if you want and continue there :)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Great pics!! Looks like a great place!

Thanks!!

Mark