Aztekium ritteri

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
adetheproducer

Aztekium ritteri

Post by adetheproducer »

I'm looking for a good supplier of aztekium ritteri(on its own roots) in the UK and will offer postal delivery. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
CactusFanDan

Re: Aztekium ritteri

Post by CactusFanDan »

As far as I know there are no sellers in the UK offering this species on it's own roots. Some private collectors might sell you one if you're nice to them, but they're not easy to come by. You could try on the BCSS forum, but to post wants you need to be a paying member. If you're willing to look abroad, there still aren't many places with the available. Malej Jarda sells them along with everything else considered rare and desirable, but you have to be willing to pay for shipping from the Czech Republic.
http://www.gerardo.cz/en/184-aztekium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Cool thanks I'll take a look, I have also seen them on cactusplaza but shipping was a tad expensive I see how this compares. Might have to a christmas pressie.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

adetheproducer wrote:Cool thanks I'll take a look, I have also seen them on cactusplaza but shipping was a tad expensive I see how this compares. Might have to a christmas pressie.
Try the Czech nurseries. i am sure you can find one on its own roots (although I bet having been grafted in its younger years).

Have you tried sowing them yourself? The first few years are easy (although you need luck too!) if you use the baggy / fleischer method.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

I have done lophophora seedlings but with limited success. I thought I would get better at them before I attempt some a bit more difficult.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND