New password problem

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
DaveW

New password problem

Post by DaveW »

I used a computer cleaning utility that removes clutter from the hard disk, but removes cookies also like saved passwords. However Windows usually remembers these for me, but not this time. I therefore clicked on "Forgot Password" and received a new one from CactiGuide by email. However the Log On facility would not recognise the new password. I eventually remembered and ran through about 50 old emails and found the original which worked.

I did not make a mistake copying the new password from the email since I simply highlighted and pasted it in. Is there some delay between receiving a new password and it becoming useable?
daiv
Site Admin

Re: New password problem

Post by daiv »

No there should be no delay, but it is possible to copy a space by accident before or after the password, which would prevent it from working.

If anyone ever has trouble with passwords using the built-in recovery tools, please just e-mail me and I can reset the password manually. (Note: I cannot see anyone's password, but I can reset it manually to be updated by the user afterwards.)

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti