Chatbox

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Sarr

Chatbox

Post by Sarr »

So, i am interested in growing more than just one specific group of plants, so i am on several other plant forums around the web. this one carnivorous plant forum that i am on often has a little chatbox right there on the home page, above the forum index. people often have conversations about plants, other hobbies they have, or just smalltalk in the chatbox. it really is a neat, fun, and usefull little feature. i thought that it might be neat if there was one on Cactiguide forum too. does anyone else think that this would be a nice feature to have on the forum?

the forum software on this forum is not phpBB, so the chatbox software used for that website would not work on this (i think it is meant to be used on vbulletin only) i googled around a little bit , and i found this one free mod for phpBB forums. i also found a few others, but i just looked at one (then went back to looking aat various cacti for sale on Ebay!) should i post a link to this? or would it be classified as spam?

anyways, what do you all think? do you like the idea of having a chatbox?

:?:
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Chatbox

Post by daiv »

Not spam to post the link and I'm willing to install the mod if people like the idea.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Sarr

Post by Sarr »

okay! just wanted to make sure! :D

here eet es:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... w_version/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I think I know which forum that is, its for a store that specializes in carnivorous plants. I like the idea of the chatbar though. :D
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
Eutow_Intermedium

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

This Cactus and Succulent community is the first forum I have joined in a long time.

I used to go on a community called Paw Talk Pets back in the day, and they had a chat box right at the top. Unfortunately that chat box had a maximum of five or six comments visable at one time, so a conversation could easily be lost up top leaving members confused after forgetting parts of their conversation with others.

If it was possible to have a larger chat box on the main page, I don't know how it works.

But this also means you need to have enough members of the same time zone to be online at the same time for this to be a viable feature. I have had issues in the past with wanting to talk to my US friends. But unfortunately by the time they have their peak evening session on their computers, it is often time for me to go to bed.

Staying up over these recent years till 2am in the morning took it's toll at times. But I don't really talk to my younger overseas friends now. As they have grown up and moved on.
polygon

Post by polygon »

huh , a chatbox? Kewl! i like this idea.
hendryterok

Post by hendryterok »

Would be great to have it

Hendry
melodies

Post by melodies »

I agree! Good idea.
-Jolene

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
-Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Sarr

Post by Sarr »

well, i am happy that you all like the idea! :D
BarryRice

Post by BarryRice »

Hey Sarr,

What CP forum contains this feature?

Barry
I'll grow it as long as it doesn't have glochids. Gaudy flowers a plus.
Sarr

Post by Sarr »

Terraforums
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

For some time I was in a forum with that feature too, I like the idea!
Bruno