www.succulentguide.com Down?

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
salottimc

www.succulentguide.com Down?

Post by salottimc »

Is http://www.succulentguide.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; down? I keep getting an error saying I cannot connect to the database. Thanks.
majcka

Re: www.succulentguide.com Down?

Post by majcka »

Seems to be down!!!
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

The succulent site connects to cactiguide.com and there was an error between the two servers. Took a frustratingly long time to get them to fix it.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
majcka

Post by majcka »

daiv wrote:The succulent site connects to cactiguide.com and there was an error between the two servers. Took a frustratingly long time to get them to fix it.
And as usual it's been done. Image
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

http://www.succulentguide.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hasn't been working for the past couple of weeks. You can get to the website, but clicking on any genus gives you an error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'daiv_remote'@'gator4067.hostgator.com' (using password: YES) in /home2/daiv/public_html/succulentguide/php/cacti.db.connect.php on line 18
Error: Could not connect to database.

I really miss it!! :cry:
majcka

Post by majcka »

Minime8484 wrote:http://www.succulentguide.com hasn't been working for the past couple of weeks. You can get to the website, but clicking on any genus gives you an error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'daiv_remote'@'gator4067.hostgator.com' (using password: YES) in /home2/daiv/public_html/succulentguide/php/cacti.db.connect.php on line 18
Error: Could not connect to database.

I really miss it!! :cry:
I know. Me to. But Daiv can't fix it himself. He ordered to fix it some time ago, but they didn't yet. I think he said it is something about server. :-k
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

This is very frustrating! CactiGuide.com is hosted on Cactus-mall and SucculentGuide.com is on another hosting account. They moved SucculentGuide.com to a new server. SucculentGuide.com shares some info with the Cactiguide.com database and that connection is being blocked causing the whole site to get an error.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Well I finally tracked down the problem with Succulentguide. It was a tiny error in the remote connection that SucculentGuide.com makes with Cactiguide.com. If I wasn't so swamped right now, I could have probably tracked it down sooner.