using the back button after posting

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
peterb

using the back button after posting

Post by peterb »

forgive me if this has been covered before or has a quick fix, but I like to use the back button after zI submit a post to get back to the new posts list. It usually doesn't work, however, simply returning me to the post I just made, over and over again. Seems odd....

peterb
Zone 9
Daniel

Re: using the back button after posting

Post by Daniel »

That's because the back button does not apply to particular websites, it just takes you back a page, and if you just posted it will take you to that and stop because you did some editing that it can't undo. But I use it as well... :roll:
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Peterb,
That's right. Back is simply backing up one page and that is exactly what the "back" button is doing for you. It is taking you back to the "edit" page. This is just the way browsers work and has no connection to the forum in terms of controlling that.

This is why you get a couple links after you hit "Submit" - one of which is to return to the post.

In short - DO NOT USE the "Back" button whenever you submit a form in a web browser.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

I just hit it twice and it sometimes works sometimes not
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.