captcha and iOS

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
charlpic

captcha and iOS

Post by charlpic »

Just sharing out that it seems you can't resolve the CAPTCHA on an iOS device.

I made a few bad attempts at login and when the security captcha showed up, I couldn't move the items from one box to another. I tried with Safari/Opera/Dolphin/Chrome browsers. However, a password reset later, the system doesn't need me to resolve the captcha anymore.
daiv
Site Admin

Re: captcha and iOS

Post by daiv »

Hi, that is right, only it isn't "CAPTCHA", it is a PHPBB anti-spam mod. I have had to help a few iPad people get registered. It should be fine on an iOS computer - such as a mac or macbook, but not one of the "touch screen" devices, such as an ipod, iphone, ipad.

I'm afraid this is a sacrifice that is well worth it. I can easily register on behalf of a person that ONLY has access via their ipad. However, most people have a computer they can use and don't even need that.

Since the forum update and addition of this anti-spam measure, the spam posts on this board have dropped to almost zero.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
charlpic

Post by charlpic »

So true spam posts have dramatically decreased. I found this mod very clever not only because of the question but because of the drag & drop action bots aren't able to perform. The action seemed to be required only from the device I missed my attempts with (an iPod Touch). I feared I wouldn't be able to fulfill my cacti needs while in the bed at night. :) also, I just tried to workaround a bit before contacting you.

Keep up your good job with the forum Daiv.
SnowFella

Post by SnowFella »

Weird, I'm typing this from an IPhone right now and never had any problems loggin in.
charlpic

Post by charlpic »

I did three bad attemps at login with my iPod. I tried to remember my password by heart in the middle of the night and that eventually launched the anti-spam question.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Right - same with new registrations.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti