Homepage suggestion

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Saxicola

Homepage suggestion

Post by Saxicola »

Lately I have been using Cactiguide and Succulentguide to identify my plants as well as to look up species I'm unfamiliar with. For the most part it works great, but there is one small issue that I thought could be improved. If I am on Succulentguide.com I can very easily click on the Cactiguide.com link at the top of the page to jump over to here. However, I cannot find a link to easily take me from Cactiguide.com to Succulentguide.com. I know I can just bookmark both sites, but I'd rather just have a single bookmark to Cactiguide and then jump back and forth between the sites through links in the frame at the top of the page. Anyway, just thought I'd bring this up as a small change that would be useful to some people.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
jnspire

Re: Homepage suggestion

Post by jnspire »

I had this thought too but never said anything.
It would be helpful. Daiv?
Jer.

-----
Moved to Hollywood, FL (hardiness zone 10b) in September 2022. Previously resided in Minnesota (zone 4b).
Pilif

Post by Pilif »

I think Daiv mentioned something about not officially opening 'the succulent guide' untill they've added a certain (high enough) amount of species to it.
Filip
jnspire

Post by jnspire »

Pilif wrote:I think Daiv mentioned something about not officially opening 'the succulent guide' untill they've added a certain (high enough) amount of species to it.
That makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Jer.

-----
Moved to Hollywood, FL (hardiness zone 10b) in September 2022. Previously resided in Minnesota (zone 4b).
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hi everyone - was gone for the weekend. Yes, Pilif is right. Not so much about adding species, but there are other pages that are still being written.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

Daiv

I have another request/suggestion. Perhaps it is there and I am not using it right. I would like to see a possible image/jpeg search only in the "Advanced search". I realize a lot of image links are not there but is it possible just to look at pictures only in posts for ID possibilities or whatever?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hi Ivan,
I think I know what you mean.... Maybe have a page similar to this: http://www.cactiguide.com/piclocation_d ... number=386" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, with the larger thumbs (200px) or even the full-size image displayed. It would be possible to make it a choice on the size image to display for that matter. Sort of an "Advanced Image Search" allowing you to display all the images of a given parameter - like "Mammillaria" or "Globose with White Flowers"
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti