Bug?

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
iann

Bug?

Post by iann »

When I click on the show all posts by an author in their profile, I get a page of topics. If I then click on next or a higher page number for that search then I get a message that there are no topics matching. This might be something weird in my setup, but it seems that the link to the extra pages is not right. I can manually edit the URL to get to the other pages so the search can work.

Example, click here and then click next at the bottom of the page.
--ian
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Ian,
This is definitely a bug. Seems to be only for you, Darryl, and me. Perhaps there is a search limit once 9,000 posts are reached?

I will have to look around and see if I can find it.

Another reason that it would be good to convert to PHPBB3!

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hob

Post by hob »

interesting seems to be related to the number of search results i see your search returns 712 pages :? i'm having problems of a similar nature intermittently with 173 pages of results in a search.

limiting the search with key words to reduce the number of results to say less than 100 pages seems to produce better results.
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

same problem here
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Bug?

Post by daiv »

I believe this issue has been resolved by the update.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti