Cookies

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Steve Johnson

Cookies

Post by Steve Johnson »

This just started happening:
CactiGuide_cookies.jpg
CactiGuide_cookies.jpg (71.91 KiB) Viewed 8271 times
It's really annoying to have to click on "Got it!" every time we go from one page to another. Can this be fixed?
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
ElieEstephane

Re: Cookies

Post by ElieEstephane »

Steve Johnson wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:12 am This just started happening:

CactiGuide_cookies.jpg
It's really annoying to have to click on "Got it!" every time we go from one page to another. Can this be fixed?
Hello Steve. This is part of the European cookie directive. Every site must disclose that it is use cookies which track your browsing preferences. You can chose to disable cookies but it should go away after you click it the first time. If your browser flushes history evey time you leave or something similar, the message reappears again. This is not related to cactiguide, every website is forced to tell you that they use cookies to protect your privacy
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
7george

Post by 7george »

Yes, I see this just occasionally using Firefox, has to do something with preferences set up.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Unfortunately today it keeps coming up on mine every thread I change to in spite of clicking on "Got it!", whereas it only came up once on logging on in the past?
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Seems to have been cured today as it is not repeatedly popping up as before.

Many Thanks.