Great free photo software!

Discuss cameras, settings, composition, or anything related to photography - cactus or other subjects.
Shmuel

Great free photo software!

Post by Shmuel »

I hope this is OK to say, but I personally never really learned to use Photoshop well. It is still intimidating and hogs my computer reasources. Doubtless it is the best tool, but I like a simple, lean and mean little program: Irfanview.
Free!
http://www.irfanview.com/
I use it as my default viewer and it does everything simply and cleanly, from viewing thumbnails to slideshows to batch renaming or reprocessing.
I hope this is good advice for you all.

Shmuel
Amazing plants, amazing form, amazing flowers...
Amazing cacti!
jnspire

Re: Great free photo software!

Post by jnspire »

Shmuel wrote:I hope this is OK to say, but I personally never really learned to use Photoshop well. It is still intimidating and hogs my computer reasources. Doubtless it is the best tool, but I like a simple, lean and mean little program: Irfanview.
Free!
http://www.irfanview.com/
I use it as my default viewer and it does everything simply and cleanly, from viewing thumbnails to slideshows to batch renaming or reprocessing.
I hope this is good advice for you all.

Shmuel
I have been using Irfanview for several years to resize images, crop, and flip/rotate. It is a really exceptional tool!
leland

Post by leland »

I still use the Zoombrowser that came with my Canon Dslr because I am used to it, but my stepdaughter is getting quite good with Picasa 3, which is also a free download. If I had some reason to look at a new software, I would look at picasa. It is available in several languages if that helps anyone.
Subverted

Post by Subverted »

I have used infranview for various things for years...but for photo editing/photoshop type tasks...I would probably turn to GIMP. Its free, functional, and cross platform. :)

I do use Picasa to manage my folders of images though...very very handy.