The cheshirecat's succulent problem...

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
the_cheshirecat

Re: The cheshirecat's succulent problem...

Post by the_cheshirecat »

Eh, the "mother plant" had been uprooted and left for dead in a grassy verge...
I actually went back with scissors and oven mitts and removed a couple of pads whilst humming the mission impossible theme :lol:
Sadly this means that the plant has gone from lovely, sunny balmy sea air to the land of rain and vitamin d supplements.
To be fair the opuntia are doing really well, other plants not so much #-o
I'm just waiting to move back into a home I was in last year, with lovely sunny windowsills and decent temperature control but until then it's damage control with my "brothel lights" :)
Ty the cheshirecat
the_cheshirecat

Re: The cheshirecat's succulent problem...

Post by the_cheshirecat »

Hello again!
After moving home, being buried up in snow, working like mad, finally I have a moment to put up an update of sorts...
I relocated the plants in the new home, and returned after a week.
I found that my sedum palmieri had decided to flower and dry up while I was away, so I missed out on that.
On the plus side, my kalanchoe is flowering now, and my Easter cactus has lots of blossoms, so I'm really proud of that (I grew that one from a leaf!).
All the plants seem to enjoy the new home, and the light that comes with it...
If you look at the pictures you can see one horizontal plant starting to lift its head :roll:
Sadly, it was too late for a few of my plants and for the first time ever I've had casualties ](*,)
Even worse, my pachypodium has lost its last top leaf, although there are still a few on the lateral branches, and the plant in itself seems alive :?:
Anyway, any advice on how to help my plants recover from an awful season?
At the moment I've fed them,and put them out of the cat's reach (he has an unhealthy fascination with the aloe variegata for some reason...).
I've also collected a few leaves to see if I can get new starters, which seems a very spring-like thing to do if you ignore the snow!
Attachments
easter cactus.jpg
easter cactus.jpg (87.08 KiB) Viewed 984 times
kalanchoe.jpg
kalanchoe.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 984 times
kitchen.jpg
kitchen.jpg (53.48 KiB) Viewed 984 times
windowsill 1.jpg
windowsill 1.jpg (39.51 KiB) Viewed 984 times
windowsill2.jpg
windowsill2.jpg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Ty the cheshirecat