Small balcony collection

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
jp29

Re: Small balcony collection

Post by jp29 »

Post removed by me and re-posted in my "Growing cacti on windowsills & patios 2017" thread -- the post was impinging on Caudex's thread -- my apologies.

James
Last edited by jp29 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
Armen Tsirunyan

Post by Armen Tsirunyan »

Wow, James, these are really beautiful. Congratulations! Where are you located, geographically?
jp29

Post by jp29 »

Armen Tsirunyan wrote:Wow, James, these are really beautiful. Congratulations! Where are you located, geographically?
Thank you, Armen. I live in Tucson, Arizona.

James
James
Caudex

Post by Caudex »

jp29 wrote:Very nice Caudex. Your postings are of great interest to me because I am now restricted (due to physical infirmities) to growing my cacti on windowsills, balconies and patios. I grow all of my plants in 2" (5cm) or 2¾" (7cm) square plastic pots. Here are some selected species I grow.
Hello James,

They are beautiful, the plants which you grow.

Fraileas are almost ideal plants for windowsills - they are quite small so it is possible to have reasonable collection of this genera on rather limited space.
I have over 10 species of Frailea - will post them a bit later.

You have quite some plants which currently are of my dream - Discocactus.
I don't like grafted plants so looking for the own rooted discocactus plants which are not really available here in Ukraine as they are considered as "difficult" plants on their own roots due to loses in cold winter conditions.
But I think that there is nothing impossible so will keep looking for some seedlings.
BR Serg
Caudex

Post by Caudex »

Some more plants:

Turbinicarpus schmiedickeanus ssp. bonatzii

Turbinicarpus schmiedickeanus subs. rioverdensis

BR Serg
jp29

Post by jp29 »

Post removed by me and re-posted in my "Growing cacti on windowsills & patios 2017" thread -- the post was impinging on Caudex's thread -- my apologies.

James
Last edited by jp29 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Caudex

Post by Caudex »

jp29 wrote:Good morning Caudex
Good evening James!
It seams to be a bit of the difference in time at our places ;)

So far I didn't consider to make the life of my cacti public so do not have some detailed pictures explaining the way of their life :)
But I will make some photos and will post them later on.
BR Serg
jp29

Post by jp29 »

Caudex wrote:
jp29 wrote:Good morning Caudex
So far I didn't consider to make the life of my cacti public so do not have some detailed pictures explaining the way of their life :)
But I will make some photos and will post them later on.
I understand. I let my enthusiasm and eagerness to exchange information relating to growing cacti on windowsills/balconies get in the way of your eagerness to present photos of your (superbly grown) individual plants. I apologize, I will soon start a new thread devoted to cultivating cacti on windowsills & balconies.

EDIT: Now done -- my apologies Caudex -- please do keep posting pics of your superb plants.

James
James
Caudex

Post by Caudex »

jp29 wrote:I understand. I let my enthusiasm and eagerness to exchange information relating to growing cacti on windowsills/balconies get in the way of your eagerness to present photos of your (superbly grown) individual plants. I apologize, I will soon start a new thread devoted to cultivating cacti on windowsills & balconies...
Dear James,

Sorry for the late reply!
It was a bit busy time at my work.

I have a feeling that I was understood in a wrong way and I'm sorry for that...
I just had in mind that I do not have enough pictures of the collection in general and conditions were they are kept to show you.
But it appeared that you understood that I do not like you to post at the topic which I started - and this is not what I meant at all.

I believe the main advantage of such forums like this is that it gives us the opportunity to speak to each other and to discuss the issues which are of our joint interest. If I would start this topic only for "showing off" with my plants then I would consider the Instagram as a more appropriate place for that :) So please feel free to post any information which you like to discuss and ask any questions which are of your interest and I would be happy to discuss it with you or any other members of this forum.

P.S. English is far not my native language so if you see any wrong meaning of my words just let me know about that :)
BR Serg