Need Help ASAP Caring For My Aloe Vera Plant

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
simbadog77

Need Help ASAP Caring For My Aloe Vera Plant

Post by simbadog77 »

Hello
every leaf on my Aloe Vera plant wilted from either not enough water or too much water and the leaves left Indentation marks from hanging over the pots edge and it was in a different pot and soil until I repotted and transplanted it. And it looks like it's cutting off the circulation and 1 or 2 of the leaves are turning brown. Please help what do I do? Do I Cut all the leaves off that are brown and with the Pot Crease Indentations. It was in a Basement for a while because I was moving then I transplanted it. It only has 1 little root on the bottom coming from it. I used 1 part standard potting soil, 1 part coir, & 2 parts perlite. in the 3rd Picture I'm Not Sure If I Did the right thing or not. Please see Photo's Below to see what I mean about the Pot Edge Indentations from wilting. What do I do? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Attachments
Picture Of The Wilting Leaf Pot Indentation 1
Picture Of The Wilting Leaf Pot Indentation 1
IMG_2519.JPG (65.8 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
Picture Of The Wilting Leaf Pot Indentation 2
Picture Of The Wilting Leaf Pot Indentation 2
IMG_2520.JPG (65.8 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
After I Cut Off All The Brown Leaves And Wilted Pot Edge Indentations
After I Cut Off All The Brown Leaves And Wilted Pot Edge Indentations
IMG_2521.JPG (116.05 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
esp_imaging

Re: Need Help ASAP Caring For My Aloe Vera Plant

Post by esp_imaging »

It looks fine!
If it's only got one tiny root, then do very light watering only, and let the compost dry out between waterings. If it's kept warm the roots should regrow quickly.
Physical damage to leaves does not need to be cut out, it's the sort of thing that would happen in nature by high winds, insects or animals damaging the leaves etc. Damaged leaves can still help the plant grow. Of course, if they are unsightly, then cutting them away may make sense.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti