from my experience, don't purchase from. ..

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
KittieKAT

from my experience, don't purchase from. ..

Post by KittieKAT »

http://Www.gerardo.cz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I ordered seeds from this company 5 months ago, I've emailed them to ask them where my order is and they didn't respond for another month, so 2 months after I had ordered they sent me an email saying my seeds should be their really soon, so I gave them the benifit of a doubt. .. it's now 3 month's later (5 months total from ordering) and still no seeds or any emails or responses, though they didn't hesitate to take my money when I put my order thru!
If you've ordered from them in the past, I wouldn't order from them now, either their business ethics have completely changed or they were always this horrible. No offense for those who have nothing bad to say about them as a company, this is my personal experience with them and I'm only trying to warn others, if you don't decide to heed my warning. .. purchase at yr own risk.
Gary

Re: from my experience, don't purchase from. ..

Post by Gary »

If you were in the UK you may be able to make a "Chargeback" claim to your credit card company were you get them to refund you (they presumably get their money back from the supplier's bank). It might be worth checking with your card company to see if they operate a similar scheme where you are.
cheers
Gaz
george76904

Post by george76904 »

Are we doing this as a continuing list? because if so I have an eBay seller to add jaim_zamo. I bought 200 pilosocereus seeds mix from him earlier this year. When I got them they were not packaged all that great and quite a few were smashed. I also noticed a uniform size and shape in the "mix" so I sent him a message, He told me that they were in fact a mix of pilosocereus cacti and that I needed to try them for myself. I called him out on this and the guy finally came out with the truth, that they were from a cactus in his backyard in florida, but that they were indeed pilosocereus; after this he ceased any and all communication with me. I got a refund through Ebay but got to keep the seeds. Who knows they may be something interesting...
pilosocereus... be willing to bet they are cereus peruvianus... oh well win some loose some
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

For whatever it's worth:

1. I wouldn't trust any source coming from the Czech Republic. First, their lax business approach is something I wouldn't put up with. Second, the Czechs are known to poach cacti in the wild, and unless you're dealing with someone there who has a rock-solid reputation for avoiding the practice, it should be sufficient to steer clear of Czech sellers altogether even if you're buying seeds.

2. All credit card companies allow the buyer to do chargebacks if the seller fails to either follow through on purchases or issue refunds in a timely manner. Same with eBay -- the buyer has a lot of protection, so there's no reason for us to sit back and take our lumps when those lumps should be reserved for the clowns who deserve to go out of business.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Sorry been busy with the move just saw the replies if anyone has anyone they'd like to ad to the list of "buy at your own risk" be my guest, it'll help everyone in the end.
Thank you Gary and Steve Johnson I will look into these things and remember for future reference.

George 76904- if you are interested I have hundreds of pilo seeds left over from when the kids sowed some they all germinated great! Getting big too! If you'd be interested in some PM me maybe we can trade or something, or you could tell me which you're looking for and I may have them to give just because :)
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I have a lot of doesn't species mostly that have the blue color from their powder coating others really furry and spiny too many to name individually lol
Tenoch

Post by Tenoch »

Hello kittieKat, just curious if you ever got your order from Gerardo? I placed a seed order with them two months ago. Last month they sent me an email saying "Preparation in progress". Just wondering how patient I should be, and how long this company has taken to fill orders for others. I don't mind waiting but it would be reassuring to know that your order was fulfilled at some point. Thanks
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

I think it's really unfair to tar all of the Czech suppliers with the same brush, I've had good experiences with all that I've used and have got some really decent seed at a much lower cost than you might expect elsewhere. I've had seed from cactus hobby Brno, kaktusy rysavy and cact.cz
Tenoch

Post by Tenoch »

Hello Conrad, thanks for the list of Czech suppliers you have had good experiences with. I will look into them. I hope that I didn't give the impression that I have any aversion to nurseries in the Czech Republic because I don't. I think that each individual nursery should be evaluated on quality and service. My experience thus far with Gerardo has been less than desirable in regards to wait time but if the seeds are great, it will be worth it. Do you have any experience with Gerardo?
Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Hi Tenoch, sorry - I didn't mean to sound all preachy about it, it's just that the Czech suppliers I've used hae been really good!

However I've never used Gerardo but this isn't the first time I've heard bad things about their service.... Maybe they really are one to avoid...
Tenoch

Post by Tenoch »

Gerardo update, finally got my order and I am very pleased. Service was slow but the seller is very generous! The prices were very reasonable as well. I also received a couple of free gifts of seeds within Genus of cacti I had ordered. I also received extra of what I had requested! It was a very pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting to be treated so kindly.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Still haven't received my order many emails never got a response accept for them saying I'll get it soon...have emailed Again 2 months ago still no reply, sent a email recently..Still no reply..
Glad u got your order but i have yet to get anything from this supplier not even a email or refund