i could literally KILL her...

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
KittieKAT

i could literally KILL her...

Post by KittieKAT »

Soo it's no secret that I've been trying for months to grow and get lithops with the kids, finally the survivors from all the sow trays we had growing for months were moved into one container and were growing great i could see them becoming more lithop like as the days passed, kids eager looking faces grabbing with excited hands to see what they have grown. I was very happy.

AND then today im checking on my surviving collection and look over the container with the kids lithops in it.....every single one of them DEAD...DEAD...DEAD...DEAD! I was in shock, i thought how could this happen? They were fine yesterday o pick up the container And the lid falls off, huh? I never leave the container open...ever! ... i go to the one person who i kno who could have done something.....the clumsy plant killing roommate. I ask her "did you touch the plants and containers?" She says "NO" finally after an hour of grilling her she cracks and admits that she opened the container and looked inside of it and didn't close the container she didn't think it would do any harm..... she left the container open and had the heater blaring soo high that they all dried out like little skeletons... even the 3 headed lithop that has had three leafs since it sprouted (im gonna KILL her!) I can't do it anymore, its like she wants me to kill her..right? I mean who touches another person's plants, let alone kills them?!?!? And not just my plant's, but the poor kids as if they haven't been thru enough in the past year with the sun burn and the greenhouse being vandalized and losing everything! NOW we lose the only thing We've grown in months, they would almost be 6 months old some older some younger if they survived and worse yet their is NO back-up sow trays cause all the surviving lithops seedlings were transferred into the "these will LIVE" container..... i literally cried, its like i can't do anything right, can't get away from her cause the snow is causing me to not be able to move cause a moving truck can't fit anywhere.... and even thoe I'll have my own plant room i can't guarantee she won't go in their and kill everything plant By plant each week like she's been doing. Its bad enough the kids don't have any plants but did she really have to kill all the seedlings i just moved a bunch of survivors into that container and now their DEAD everything's DEAD DEAD DEAD! What do i tell the kids NOW. I don't think "hey kids you know those lithops you guys all worked real hard growing and were really excited about? Well their all DEAD so ....that stinks, better luck next time kiddos!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............
promethean_spark

Re: i could literally KILL her...

Post by promethean_spark »

Little kids will pull up full grown lithops to look at them. They're too interesting not to touch, unfortunately, and unsafe around anyone without restraint.

Mice and rats also eat them, hence lots of mouse/rat poison in the GH.
HP22B

Post by HP22B »

KittieKAT I have never heard of someone having such bad experiences with growing anything as you seem to have. I'd reevaluate my methods if this kept happening to me.
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

HP22B wrote:KittieKAT I have never heard of someone having such bad experiences with growing anything as you seem to have. I'd reevaluate my methods if this kept happening to me.
Just exactly this.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Its Not me or the kids.... Unfortunately its the roommate, can't get rid of her cause i kinda take care of her she's elderly (just doesn't kno it yet) its just a head ace - she isn't a kid or a rat. Promethean but she's just as careless as both can be. I've never had such bad luck in my life, idk why I'm constantly getting punished when all i do is help everyone around me and try to be as selfless and selfish as possible, ill give my last dollar to a homeless man wanting a coffee even when I'm starving myself... and after i do that I'll trip over a curb and knock my teeth out. Its crazy its like i have a constant dark cloud over my head following everywhere i go i can't seem to shake it!
Recently it was snowing i don't drive soo i took a bus an elderly lady with a walker didn't have enough money to get on the bus i dug in my purse and gave her the money she owed - i then beeped my bus card and i was $0.10 short the bus driver actually waited as i dug thru my bag again everyone watching me no one offering a cent to me, finally the driver says he can't hold up the bus id have to take the next one after i have the rest of the money to ride, he let me off and i was left wondering around thru the snow for an hour asking for 10cents ( i asked the driver if i could just pay it when i found it or get a break this once...he said NO) the driver watched me pay for that ladies ticket and he didn't even give me a break!!! I don't kno why this stuff just keeps happening to me i could go on and on.... its a nightmare. One thing after they other. But when it comes to stuff with the kids inn my program it tears me apart inside :( i feel like I've let them down so much - my roommate is a clumsy plant killer ive moved them away from her yet she still goes to investigate and destroy every little thing. Why?? Why? Why!?!?! Why does she do such things i cook her food i clean her house i run all the errands i help with bills and rent, i dig her car out i shovel the snow, i do the laundry i do everything! I ask her to do one thing "leave the plants alone everything that has to do with the plants in the plant room leave it alone, don't touch Don't look don't breath on them don't even walk by them" And she does it anyways :(
I can't protect them more then they are unless i put barbed wire across the door or laser beams to sound an alarm.....i don't get why i can't just have a problem free period in my life....ahrg..