I'm about to chew my nails off!!!

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
KittieKAT

I'm about to chew my nails off!!!

Post by KittieKAT »

Omg i want to win this bid on eBay soo bad and I'm prob already ganna go way over budget as it is but i really really really wanna win this for the children in the program. ..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr please let me win this :happy3:
KittieKAT

Re: I'm about to chew my nails off!!!

Post by KittieKAT »

Okay i officially hate eBay, i lost out at the last second cause after i pressed confirm bid when it refreshed it didnt receive my bid
I literally just missed out on like 100 lithops plants all different types to this guy who keeps bidding wicked high, which i was ready to drain my bank account for these kids to each all get a few plants after the ones they we did have finally donated were squished an destroyed by the neighbour next door a little while ago
Super disappointed right now, i literally been up for 3 days with like an hour of sleep in between
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I still don't understand why you deal with Ebay unless you were looking for something rare. Just steer to one of the many seed sellers. Especially for Lithops it is easy to get a lot of cheap seeds from trusty seed sources. You just make it hard for yourself for no reason.
K.W.

Post by K.W. »

That must be hard work. . .

:) :wink:

K.W.

P.S. AND, I am of the same opinion as Aiko. AND why just Lithops, Astrophytum and some other genera are so much easier to sow and to cultivate. :-k
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
hlchang

Post by hlchang »

What specie is this Huernia? Thank you.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Not looking for just lithops, but they weren't seeds they were actual plants, good deal if u think about it really 6 big pots filled with a bunch of different species of lithops for $60.00 that was perfect! A little high for my budget but iwould have made the exception. We aren't just looking for lithops (titanopsis, aloinopsis, stomatium, CP's (but i got that covered seed wise for spring) we basically will take any kinda succulent/cacti and mesembs) but at the end of the day the children pick what they want to grow then outta the selections of what the want to grow an study and learn about we pick 2 for each group (younger kids want cute fun things, older kids want crazy strange cool looking thing) that way it keeps them interested and wanting to learn instead of feeling forced.

K.w : i couldn't chew all the way down if my nails were that long still lol, and don't even get me started on hurina an stapilias and orbeas And all them! We already have that on the list since they've seen mine, but very hard to get them donated or even find seeds in a bulk amount and a cheap shipping price to order all the things i get asked to grow! Literally their is like 20pages that get narrowed down to a few every month (when available, that is) and we add normal gardening must haves like fruit and veggies in spring and summer when school out and they don't have school lunches to depend on to eat, and i find their parents are grateful for the food aswell as proud that their child help grow it.
We do flowers in local parks in may thru spring so the parks look beautiful andwe help clean up the trash and recycle what we can use like empty containers...etc..etc..
But....if you've ever worked with children before you know they tend to get a little obsessed about stuff and that just happens to be lithops this moment a few months back it was all about blue Pilosocereus which was fine cause i had seeds that i was gonna sow so they are getting bigger but not big enough to transfer into the children's individual pots so i think they are just obsessed about lithops because they don't have pots with plants to take home since all the crap with my neighbor from hell happened and that stuff that he did literally came a few weeks after we had 25 lithops plants donated to us an the were soo excited and then they got destroyed and the seedlings they been growing all got tossed around are there plants all got burned and frozen so i think their trying to get back what they lost so the can bring them home to study for their observation books, and i have a guilty conscience soo I'm trying!!!!
I feel horrible about the stuff that Happened and then we had 2 surviving lithops outta the 25 that got destroyed and squished by my neighbor an they were happy but since they had to share them they are getting restless and want each of their own plant for their personal pot. And since i received a few more seedlings thanks to (you know who :D ) now they are starting to fight over whose gonna get them for their pot - and i get asked who gets one or when are they gonna get one...etc..etc.. and im a softie so it breaks my heart andid really like them who want them to have one for their own. I thought growing them from seed would take their minds off of their only being a few grown ones that we have but i cant blame them for wanting a plant of their own to take home and record changes with like the used to before everything went horribly wrong :(

Btw aiko i been meaning to post this, i have more some aren't finished soo I'll take pictures an post them when they are done with them when we meet for a meeting if we get temps above freezing in MA
I thought it was cute how he drew everything even the seeds ((those are the dots)) :D
Attachments
Sorry bad picture quality i hate my phone camera, thanks aiko!
Sorry bad picture quality i hate my phone camera, thanks aiko!
CAM02313-1.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
Last edited by KittieKAT on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

And forgot to add, my nails arent that long anymore these days too cold they startto chip. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. .. lol
sundanz

Post by sundanz »

Love your sense of humor, KW!:-)

Karin
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

if i did end up chewing those nails off it would prob take me a while an id be stabbed repeatedly lol!

Oh, Mr. k.w. (lol) forgot to ssay, if any of them wanna grow astro's you'll be the first one to know hehehe! Cause I'm sure u got the down low on where the best places to go and get seeds and plants would be!! An how to grow them an other expertise about those plants in particular as well as other plants!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

KittieKAT - Love that picture. How old is he? Makes everything worthwhile when you see results like that doesn't it?

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

You're welcome. Enjoy the pla(n)ts.

I see one of the Euphorbia seedlings has lost its roots?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

No aiko the way it was sitting on the table the front was facing him so he drew a top view (sooo cute) bryans in kindergarten he's 5 hes very observant just needs a little more help with spelling hehehe!

Tiggy- it certainly does make my heart light up when i see how happy the kids are over such little gifts! I don't kno what id do without them!! The older kids are just as great with the plants as the youngsters!