wow....really?

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
KittieKAT

wow....really?

Post by KittieKAT »

So my friend needs help with the battered plants she received from a very very well known guy who sells plants, I've heard nothing but great things about this guy right.. so she wrote him an email informing him that some of her stuff was damaged because he packed the paper to tight and just wanted to warn him for next time and also attached pictures of the lithops that he sent without taproots and told him about how the stapilia he sent her was rotten and brown and the euphorbias spines dug into its skin and got flattened by the packaging and she honestly was letting him kno and how she heard such great things about him and was looking for help on what to do with some of the plants that got really damaged (i thought she'd prob get a refund or new plants sent) and she thanked him for. Everything ...yatta..yatta...yatta
And when he emailed her back he basically said: he has nothing but good things told to him about his packaging and his plants and she's to critical and should buy some where else if she doesn't like it and that he chops off the taproots sometimes to send them (thoe only 4 outta 10 didn't have taproots...sooo i find that hard to believe, i think he pulled themout and they broke off, or they weren't good roots to begin with) and then he went on to basically say he's right she's wrong blah blah blah....
Seriously? ....really? She was in utter shock this is a guy she's idolized for his plants and his work etc...etc.. and i swear it was like telling a child Santa clause isn't only NOT real, but that hes an A**hole too! All she was expecting was a "sorry that happened, i will try to fix the packaging problem in the future and try this with those plants and if nothing can be done I'll gladly fix the problem" but instead she got NOT only badly damaged plants but a bad attitud. .. isnt the customer always right? I mean wouldn't he want to fix the problem since his name is basically on everything he sells ? Idon't think hed be happy to receive plants in that Condition from one of his seller. And wouldn't he want them to be nice looking plants so she can say "thats what i got from the great (guys name) at (his website)!, u should go their!!" Instead of it dying or people see that and don't wanna buy from him because they were so damaged when he sent them, and that he knew that he was sending damaged plants! This is outrageous to me. I honestly expected alot more from this guy, i actually thought hed want to do the honest and good thing about the situation and fix the problem in a nice decent humane manor, not lash out at an innocent person whose only mistake was buying from him in the first place because she thought he was a better person then he turned out to be. Sorry guys/gal's i had to vent on here, that made me really upset to hear and its just amazing to me how the people in the world today are and what they are becoming. Its horrible absolutely horrible.
KittieKAT

Re: wow....really?

Post by KittieKAT »

Some of what see received for plants, this guy has a very very good reputation for having and sending great plants and being a good seller an guy....i don't find anything about these plants that are great unfortunately.
Attachments
CAM02309-1.jpg
CAM02309-1.jpg (12.7 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
CAM02310-1.jpg
CAM02310-1.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
CAM02303-1.jpg
CAM02303-1.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
CAM02298-1.jpg
CAM02298-1.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
sundanz

Post by sundanz »

Too bad! The moral of the story: don't buy from him again!!
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea. I told her that. And now my plans to order from him personally are out the window. I have horrible luck i could only imagine what i would get if i bought something from him!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Here's the Euphorbia again forgot to add how the stem is literally dried and dead...
And itsnot corking, its papery and its mushy before it turns that paper Brown
Attachments
CAM02315-1.jpg
CAM02315-1.jpg (21.09 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
CAM02316-1.jpg
CAM02316-1.jpg (18.38 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
CAM02314-1-1.jpg
CAM02314-1-1.jpg (20.89 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
C And D

Post by C And D »

He cut off the tap roots???
Wow, pretty lame.

Mail order is tough, you have to send only your best plants, you have to tell them upfront if a plant is small, has bad roots or blemished.

And never send a half dead plant.

And you have to listen to the buyer, if they are dissatisfied, you failed.

One last note, be careful about the weather when having your plants shipped
If it looks like a deep freeze, Tell the seller to hold on to the plants until the weather clears.
There is no way we can guarantee that the plants won't get frozen if they end up sitting on your porch for a couple hours.
Check out our plant and seed lists
http://www.CandDplants.com

Craig and Denise Fry
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea apparently he didn't care about any of those things CandDplants, which will ensure i and my friend will never buy from him or again. She was actually stunned to receive the stuff she did, the weather wasnt even.cold at the time and he wanted to give her crappy plants or he'd never have done it or refused to refund or exchange the dead ones he sent knowing they were dead and in bad shape. And he wouldn't have been a complete and utter A** when she told him about the shape the plants she received were in and tried to help with a suggestion. Totally unbelievable. Im glad i didn't order from him. Thoe the kids did end up with most of the plants she ordered to see if we could save them and keep them alive to have.
7george

Post by 7george »

These are the risks of online shopping now. In good old times we use to go buying plants to a local grower and seller in person at home and with a real basket. Mostly winter time, and lot of cacti were stored there in cases, some bare-rooted. And beyond the prepared phone order you could always say "give this and give me that" things that caught your eye, talk about the culture, soils and everything else. That was not here but overseas. Now - ebay, bidding... awful.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote:Yea apparently he didn't care about any of those things CandDplants, which will ensure i and my friend will never buy from him or again.
You make it sound like C and D is the seller here. I assume he is (or they are) not.

I must say those plants pictured here don't look well. If they would have been a gift, that would be a different thing.
The Lithops will probably root well and perk up in a few leaf changes time. Don't know about the Euphoriba / Huernia / Stapelia.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

How do i make it sound like CandDplants is the seller?!?! And no they are not, i doubt they would sell such things to people.
Maybe i worded it weird, but Craig+denise stated what a good seller does and i simply was agreeing with them and saying that the person who did sell these plants didn't care about doing those things or even want to be. The person who sold these thinks his reputation should dismiss any wrong doing and the products in which he chooses to sell and send to people.

The euphorbiais pretty much dead. The lithops are having a hard time rooting they may rott before they even do. The stapilia is dead too! Soo for $50.00 plus shipping sh . Ended up with one plant that was a freebie but isn't in much better shape then the rest and may die soon too.