What is wrong with some people in the world today....

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Saxicola

Re: What is wrong with some people in the world today....

Post by Saxicola »

Just saw this thread. Sorry to hear about that Kat. Lets talk again when the weather warms up and I might be able to obtain more Lithops.

I used to live in Boston. I found the police in MA to be useless. Some of the worst I've encountered. Once another car hit me but the cop wrote up the police report, which was all of two sentences (with terrible spelling and grammar) and somehow made it sound like it was my fault even though he told me at the scene that I was obviously not at fault. The insurance companies ended up blaming it on me because of it. Also a friend of mine was nearly run over by a truck on his bike (it caused him to crash) and the police standing around by the road construction wouldn't take a report because it wasn't their job. For those that don't know, police stand around all over the place in MA at road construction sites doing the job that a flag man does everywhere else in the world. It is bizarre and they don't seem to do any actual law enforcement.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Ididn't take finger prints because it's so cold here I'm bettimg he wasn't without gloves on, but even if he didn't the police officers touched the handle repeatedly as they went in and outta the sun porch like a herd of elephants doing more damage then help as they looked around for exactly a minute and took pictures at exactly 3 things that happened to be exactly 1 picture of the ceiling? 1 picture of the floor (not even the boot marks..they didn't think that was anything special when i asked them why they didn't do that) and 1 picture of a corner window? (That didnt have anything in or near it nearly as much as the other side ::rolls eye's:: - literally useless, and upon leaving they kicked a pot across the floor that WAS saveable..until it hit the wall, proceeded to kick against my door to get the dirt off there boots while they blindly sunk their soles of there shoes into some of the surviving lithops that were donated by someone on here a month or so ago.... and the whole time they were there they referred to me as "the CRAZY plant lady" in passing conversations with the other officers, as if i couldn't hear them.
If they knew how hard ot is to actually get LIVE lithops plants/seedlings donated to a small program in nowheres ville MA then maybe they'd hesitate stomping on them, but i doubt it - maybe that's just wishful thinking....
I'll have to do something to trap this guy but i haven't seen much of him since he "supposedly" did this, my guess is he's lying low....I'll never really know. But its sick to do things like this for no reason other then they hate their own miserable lives. As it looks at the moment we may not even have this program in the new year, we just don't have the means to keep the donations coming or the help we so count on to supply the program with seeds, pots, plants, supplies and soil...etc..etc, so at the moment theirs not much for these kids to do. :(
sundanz

Post by sundanz »

KittiKat, seems to me this person committed a felony by coming into your home and destroying things! Here in Texas he wouldn't get far, we have GUNS! He invaded your sanctuary so to speak, which is your home and you have every right to defend it! Call the police. again, til you get some results from them! It is unacceptable that they won't do anything just because it's plants?! It does not matter what was destroyed! What is he/she gonna do next? Hurt the kids or you? If the police won't do anything contact the TV station, that usually get their attention!! This is so unacceptable I want to scream!!!
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Its crazy cause its like no one even thinks about that he could have hurt one of the kids or do something else that could cause me harm, i did send an email and call the Salem News paper and they pretty much said that they only print stuff like that unless the police have info on the situation so they aren't just writing nonsense stories about crazy neighbours or everyone would call them with a story like that. I told them the police took statements and they were unwilling to help or see the harm in what was done and they said they'd call them but i highly doubt they even cared about the story in the first place they didn't think it was worth finding out the truth or telling people what happened. I also wrote an email to some reporter on 5news a while back about this guy cause this reporter goes too interview slum Landlords and people who do horrible stuff and ask them questions on why the person did that, but i never v heard back from her either. Its like no one finds it unbelievable but me! They act like I'm the crazy person - they don't even wanna acknowledge what stuff could happen if this guy thinks he can get away with doing this to me and the children i work with, what if it was their house or their kids and their stuff!!?!?!?!? Why don't people care about anyone else around where i live, its disgusting. It makes me wish i could leave this town with all these kids, cause they don't deserve to be looked down on simply because they are in the ghetto, they should want to support this program cause it keeps them off the street and in school not destroy it or not care if someone does stuff like this. These kids work really hard on these plants and were so excited and now we only have a few things they all have to share and its hard enough to find enough supplies let alone plants again to have them have their own pots with their own plants like they had before this monster did all this craziness!
I almost wish this were Texas and i saw him do it. ...cause atleast it would have been legal to shoot him in the A**!
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Youtube. Make a video and upload it. You wanna be heard these days thats how you do it.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea pretty crazy that that's what the world has come too!
Unfortunately no computer and no video camera...ohh well