Steve - How are you doing in all the rain?

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
oldcat61

Steve - How are you doing in all the rain?

Post by oldcat61 »

Topic says it all. How's the plastic holding up? What a crazy weather year. Hope all is well. Sue
Steve Johnson

Re: Steve - How are you doing in all the rain?

Post by Steve Johnson »

oldcat61 wrote:Topic says it all. How's the plastic holding up? What a crazy weather year. Hope all is well. Sue
If you haven't seen it yet, check out the update to Turb jauernigii & friends I posted yesterday. That'll give you the scoop on my new portable GH, and putting it together at the beginning of last month was perfect timing since it looks like we'll be in for a very wet SoCal winter.

By the way -- there won't be much activity going on with the collection over the next month or so, but I'll hit the ground running when I start a new 2015 Member Topics thread after the holidays. As I look back on my best growing season yet, I'm eager to show everyone what next year will have in store for us!

Thanks, Sue! :)
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
7george

Post by 7george »

Well, I think "all that rain" is little bit better than "all that snow", isn't it? And here on the West is not much to complain about this winter.

Also it is true, that the winter in California is almost like summer in Canada... but we all need some challenges. Otherwise everything would be too easy, right?
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

7george wrote:Well, I think "all that rain" is little bit better than "all that snow", isn't it? And here on the West is not much to complain about this winter.
Actually, the rainfall we were hoping for this winter has turned out to be disappointing. And so far most of it's been more in the central and northern parts of California. While I have no complaints about what the warm weather in L.A. has been doing for my collection since early January, the "big picture" part of me hopes we'll have a bunch of soakers over the next couple of months.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
keith

Post by keith »

More rain in S. CA starting tonight supposed to last 4 days. Have to get my cactus out of the rain they are already hydrated enough. Everything else loves the rain.