My Scriptorium windowsill - a rainy day in Tucson

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
jp29

My Scriptorium windowsill - a rainy day in Tucson

Post by jp29 »

Today is dark, overcast and rainy:

An overall view - some of my favorite plants

I have always had a love affair with Euphorbia balsamifera ssp. balsamifera and adenensis
I lost a beautiful little plant bonsai'd as a miniature Baobab tree - hopefully I can do another one next year

At the left end Arrojadoa dinae & Discocactus buenekeri

At the right end Arrojadoa dinae & Arrojadoa nana

The weather may be gloomy but rendering calligraphy on a day like this with that windowsill to gaze on is wonderful

Last edited by jp29 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
Rod Smith

Re: My Scriptorium windowsill - a rainy day in Tucson

Post by Rod Smith »

Thanks for the verses, James; and the lovely calligraphy. You've got some big cacti outside the window!
Cactus enthusiast on and off since boyhood. I have a modest collection of cacti & succulents.
jp29

Re: My Scriptorium windowsill - a rainy day in Tucson

Post by jp29 »

Rod Smith wrote:Thanks for the verses, James; and the lovely calligraphy. You've got some big cacti outside the window!
Thanks, Rod. I just edited my post again in order to add information to the caption for Euphorbia balsamifera- without it the second calligraphic rendition (just doodling) doesn't make sense -- I am getting so forgetful these days.

The tall cacti in my front garden patch, visible through the window, is an old Trichocereus peruvianus. When it grew to be 15ft tall I cut it back to it's present 5ft because it was beginning to be a too dominant plant in the landscape.
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image