A Change For The Better

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Mr Monopoly

A Change For The Better

Post by Mr Monopoly »

For the past few years, I have kept my plants in the driveway during the growing season. This year, however, our family bought another car and my collection has nearly doubled in size (thanks to generous donations from my friends in the MWCSS). So I thought "Where are all these plants going to go?", and my mom was kind enough to suggest a small section of the front lawn. Since I have a house that faces SW, this was the perfect move. What I did was roll out a large sheet of anti-weed cloth, pour a couple bags of stones and rocks onto it, post up a wooden garden border, and presto! :mrgreen: My plants have a new home. I was initially skeptical of the move, but then I saw that the improved drainage and extended period of light made my cacti 1000% happier. Neighbors now get a better view and I even got an anonymous donation from someone in a brown paper bag that read "Another plant for your collection. Good luck!". The donation was an adorable little Lithops.
Attachments
photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG (118.87 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
The anonymous donation I received back in July.
The anonymous donation I received back in July.
photo.JPG (89.82 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL
Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200
toadstar

Re: A Change For The Better

Post by toadstar »

It looks nice! What do you do when winter comes about?
Mr Monopoly

Post by Mr Monopoly »

toadstar wrote:It looks nice! What do you do when winter comes about?
Well, I carefully move all of them into the downstairs family room of our house. They are in a corner on shelves in the dark while dormant. Some of the larger ones are on the floor next to the shelves. Thanks for the compliment! :)
GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL
tumamoc

Post by tumamoc »

Nice. Hopefully, there aren't any sticky fingers in your neighborhood.
Mr Monopoly

Post by Mr Monopoly »

tumamoc wrote:Nice. Hopefully, there aren't any sticky fingers in your neighborhood.
Haha yeah my mom said the same thing. Luckily I have plenty of neighbors who are either honest and lawful O:) or don't care about cacti enough to steal any :wink:
GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL