Eut_Int* Flowers 2014

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Eut_Int* Flowers 2014

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Doubled headed Mammilaria Karwinskiana with flowers on one side.

Good to have these flower finally. I've had the plants long enough :lol:

Outside the allotment greenhouse.

Arjen

Post by Arjen »

great flowers eutow!
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
Eutow_Intermedium

Thanks Arjen =^_~= nothing special , but nether the less pretty

Parodia ( Notocactus ) sp .

Rebutia Buiningiana WR511

I'm starting to wonder if there are more than one type of R. Buiningiana. This plant has a fresher dark green body and the flower looks slightly richer than the plant I have at Nash's Garden, that is still a solitary plant.

Gymnocalycium Vatteri no1

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

Oh yes, I think you'll find that in a lot more cactus species, there is a lot of variation!

Again, nice flowers
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
Eutow_Intermedium

A few more flowers in the Greenhouse over the allotment

Chamaelobivia ( Gwendolen Cross )

The growing point on the main stem has halted or has been damaged. Pups are now shooting out everywhere. Then this wicked flower pops open =^_^=

As much as I can't stand M. Zeilmaniana. This lighter spined form has slightly different shaped flowers that have an almost illuminous pyramidal orchid pink glow. I also have good feeling about this plant. As though it will be different to the bog standard M. Zeilmaniana and also it's white flowered form.

Fingers crossed this is different to the rest and makes a good plant.

I have many, many pots of Mammilaria Prolifera ( Multiceps ) texana . Here's one flowering of many. With a small plant of M. Gracilis ( brown spined form ) growing in the same pot. Thats all it takes =^_~= and I meant to do that.

I have had Mammilaria Matudae in the past and never been very successful with them among other plants. Now I have this solitary plant flowering like crazy. I also have the five stemmed group in a Mandel pot. But thats already finished flowering.

I forgot what an attractive plant M. Matudae was !

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .

Eut_Int*
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Jonathan,
I do like the cacti that you posted thus far, especially those of the Turbinicarpus genus. If you do not have much space for your plants, those "minis" are the way to go. I have always admired their tiny stems with the relatively large blossom they produce. :)
I am glad, that you were able to keep an old Echinopsis chamaecereus/Chamaecereus sylvestri plant going. The "peanut cactus" is a tough plant and the flowers are nice too. I did have several clumps, but the biggest one died. I am not sure what the cause was. However, I still have two small ones left and am expecting them to produce a few blossoms later in the year.

Harald
Eutow_Intermedium

Thanks Harald =^-^=

There will be more flowers to come . It's a bit of a pick and mix really :D

I noticed buds on my Thelocactus Tulensis today. When I bought that plant last year, it was the one of the five that I got that day that had sadly already finished flowering. Needless to say I am very excited about this one. Also there will be Gymno's as always , but also other plants in between.

Only today I was in the Greenhouse and the Turbs were repeat flowering again , and the second flower on the Chamaelobivia : Gwendolen Cross was open. There were also several flowers open on the plants I took from cuttings of the old original Barbara Cook plant. Also another flower on the Rebutia Buiningiana WR 511

The Eriosyce Occulta plant I bought recently is trying to flower , but the weather in UK/GB isn't quite sunny enough even to warm up a southern window sill. *sighs*

Until then , watch this space .

Regds & Peace

Eutow_Int*
Eutow_Intermedium

Ok the Electric pink Mammilaria Zeilmanniana type plant, still isn't done yet.

Here it is again blooming it's socks off in the corner , in front of my small opuntia section. O. Microdasy's ( rufida ) minima O. Microdays's ( Albispina ) or Clochida as it should be :lol: And my older O. Bulbispina . One pad fell off this the other day , been long time, I guess it was inevitable .

Two of my many pots of Mammilari Prolifera and Mammilaria Gracilis ( brown spine ) form , M. Gracilis ( pink flowered ) form in the white pot. And Mammilaria Meiheana shading into the bottom right there.

Turbinicarpus Machrochele yet again with a single flower , but this time accompanied by one of my two Rebutia Buiningiana WR 511 plants. The other one is at my flat at the moment on the Window sill.

They just won't give up. Krainzianus and Kinkerianus , still providing Jewel box joy.

And best of all . New flowers on the Eriosyce Occulta that I purchased some weeks ago. I waited excitedly for these flowers to open. Luckily the weather yesterday was just warm enough to encourage the flowers to open so :-k wide . No joy from the Gymno's though. Even on a South windowsill. It's that Cursed UK/GB drearism again.

Oh and just so happens, there's that other Rebutia Buiningiana WR 511 over there.

And a big bud on my Good friend. The Gymnocalycium Ritterianum that I grew from seed in 1999 or 95 . I can't quite remember. But that one always flowers well , and provides nice seed for me.

=^-^=
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Very nice, my gymnocalycium vatteri is gonna open up 2 flowers soon too. The occulta flower are very nice, much bigger than I expected.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Eutow_Intermedium

I have G. Vatteri No 2 still to bloom . I didn't really get a photo of G. Vatteri No 1 fully wide open , because of Drearism , but i'm not going to complain :mrgreen: . Oh and talk of the bad wether in the UK/GB right now , look what I found in my old Flickr =D>

ImageDrearism by Dj Puff puff puff the 3rd, on Flickr

Done by a local South London Graffiti writer pre 2010

Very appropriate with the weather we're getting right now.

That G. Ritterianum is the plant your seed came off. Just so you know what the mother plant looks like .

:D

Yes I was pleasantly surprised . But if it really had been warm and sunny , i'm sure them flowers would have opened even wider.
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

nice flowers and wall decoration! ;)
Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

Eutow_Intermedium wrote:Thats smaller plant, will probably look much more like mine when it's old. Strange thing is i've never known it to set seed as of yet. Hopefully with all the flowers the Haitiensis has had this year , I should be inundated.
Jonathan, my Mammilaria Prolifera must be the same as yours since it too continues to flower for me and is still flowering but has not produced any seed pods. I wonder why not. Most pictures I've seen of M. Prolifera do show a multitude of seed pods. I would love to get some on this one.
Eutow_Intermedium

I know I just got back to the flat from getting some brekkie and that Mamm Prolifera Haitiensis is still flowers. If the sun is out, then the flowers are open. I've never known a cactus to bloom for so long without fading.

I thought I liked M. Prolifera texana , but M. Prolifera var Haitiensis is even better. It just goes on and on.

:toothy4:

The plant just won't give in. I can't complain, it's been awesome so far.
Eutow_Intermedium

Thanks to the sun finally coming out and an extra warm day . The windowsill has seen some blooming activity.

Gymnocalycium Denudatum jan suba , also the plant of Mammilaria Glassii that I recently purchased. I repotted it and watered it in , and it's looking a lot happier now.

Closeup of G. Denudatum jan suba

Boring old Rebutia Heliosa with a single drearism defying orange flower. The plant just so happens to be sitting on a Hylocereus graft.

=Z_z=

Gymnocalycium Baldianum hybrid that came from IKEA in 2013 . This one slightly closer to G. Baldinum . Extreme ends of the petals are looking bit different , and the stamens are a bit inturned, never less a nice rich colour.

Chamaelobivia var Weiss

Picture taken outdoors

Enjoy . . . .

=^-^=

Eutow_Int*
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

That's quite a different version of the white chamae than I'm familiar with, yours seems so much more globular!

I love the look of that grafted heliosa, it almost has blossfeldia shine to it