Eut_Int* Flowers 2014

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Eut_Int* Flowers 2014

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Thanks for your comment Arjen

I already lost one set of flower buds off that Parodia earlier this year.

But it's been strange, some of my plants have had second flushes of flowers, this Parodia now has three flowers up top now, another just opened today.

My Gymno Octoterenai scoparium is gearing up to second flush, as is my larger Gymno Quehlianum and my Gymno Quehlianum albispinum. i've never known it like this.

The Parodia is a bit bit marked lower down, but in the recent season it has grown well.

I'm pretty excited. I have a Copiapoa Humilis to flower in a few days time. And also a small plant of Echinopsis ( Tufty ) similar to Subdenudata if not the same. But the bud is smaller and starting greener, plus the areoles are more wooly than the larger IKEA bought plant..

More buds on the larger custom SUB Echinopsis plant and Thelocacti flowers to come soon =^-^=

Notocactus Ottonis have been good and I may get seed of them this season which is good . .

No joy with the Gymnocalycium Ritterianum this year, i'm a bit gutted about that. But then I have quite few seedling from that plant that I started up last season in Aug.
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

Thanks Arjen =^-^=

Finaly got round to putting up some additional pictures.

------------------------------------

Echinopsis ( tufty ) Subdenudata

Looking a bit strange in the bud development stage with curly thin tips to petals.

Echinopsis ( tufty ) Shock wiry looking flower, not dissimilar to a Setiechinopsis Mirabilis flower.

Copiapoa Humilis

Gymnocalycium Baldianum ( hybrids ) Ikea 2013

Window Sill

Definitely a keeper

Window Sill

Another Keeper me thinks

In the allotment greenhouse

These flowers have bit of everything, but nearer the Orange/Brown side.

A last Notocactus Ottonis flower

Another flower for Turb Klinkerianus

Gymnocalycium Mihanovichii at it's best .

Parodia Mairanana at it's best. One earlier flower faded, but three more here. Mammilaria Glassii behind.

=^_^=

Enjoy . . . .

Eutow_Int*
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majcka

Post by majcka »

That subdenudatas flower really look much more like mirabilis, isn't it?

And mihanovichii with yellow flower. Do you have any intention to sell a pup when it grows a bit?????
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Eutow_Intermedium

Today the weather is seriously toasty . And after an exiting early morning on the 18th July with a Crazy sheet lightning rainstorm too.

Thelocactus Buekii has opened up with an Iann style built in sunshade. and a couple of hours later the smaller Thelocactus Bicolor followed.

This mornings freak Lightning and rain storm, takes me back to June 2005 when Coldplay were playing in concert at Crystal palace. It was chucking it down with rain in my part of town and I could her Coldplay in the background.

So , rain and lightning or not I cycled all the way up to Crystal Palace to see Coldplay live. There was an Electrical storm that night with sheet lightning. Once I arrived I txt'd my cousin on my mobly and he quickly came up in his car after finishing work.

Thelocactus Buekii , a buddah contemplates

Thelocactus Buekii closeup in among the growth on top of the wall.

Thelocactus Bicolor ( B&Q small ) soon catches up with T. Buekii on the window sill. Here they are on the Iron inspection cover outside in the communal

You not got a Yellow/Green G. Mihanovichii then Majka.

Taking a pup off is all very well, but getting these things to root and establish is mother thing. Plus I don't know nothing about sending plants abroad really =^~^=
Eutow_Intermedium

Hot Hot Hot ! !

Gymnocalycium Quehlianum ( 20P )

In full swing . .

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .

Eutow_Intermedium*
Eutow_Intermedium

Missed the E. Tufty due to ZZZZzzz going to bed when I got h

=^~^= I missed the second flower on the smaller Echinopsis ( tufty ) Subdenudata. The one that had a flower that somewhat resembled the flower of Setiechinopsis Mirabilis.

I was out all day yesterday at the coast ( Hastings ) and didn't get back until after 2 am.

I probably if I had thought about it , had caught it when I got home. But by the time I got back I felt so tired with my legs and my shouder and arm were hurting after that D?!*head in the bar yanked at my arm, I ended up taking a pain killer when I got back. Feeling much better this morning.

One bud fell off , which means I have one last bud left on the plant!

Thelocactus Buekii's flower is spent , but my Parodia mairanana looks to have yet several more flowers to come :D

GF found a small black wallet not far from the promenade at Hastings this morning , with two return tickets from Bexhill to Hastings and back. No I.D cards or Bank card. But she found four purple notes in there. She pretty much went nuts by the time she looked nearby the station.

So she kept £40 and I had the other £40 . I'm putting that aside for either ( survival of life ) or the continuing upgrade of my Allotment greenhouse. Kim however is about as poor as they come, so she will be using if for living.

Someone must have been mighty upset after losing their train tickets back home to Bexhill and all that cash , and I know the place very well. It's only two stops away along the coast , and I practically grew up there as a boy. No doubt one of the friends got this person back home.

We arrived at the station at Hastings at 10.40pm to find that there were no more trains into London. I understand that it was Sunday, but that is just stuuupid ! A massive event like Pirates day at ( hastings ) and they can't even lay on additional service sot get everyone home at the end of the day. They in fact cut railway services.

So there was Kim and I stuck at Hastings with free £80 and no way of getting home. last time I got stuck at a place overnight was Derby station in the early 2000's. I was more than happy with all those freight trains passing through all night. My cousin Billy was less than amused.

Luckily my phone is on contract and Kim managed to call a friend of hers Linda Moon. The one who's late neighbour next door we rescued some of her old cacti. She and her friend Rick drove all the way down from South Norwood to pick us up and take us back.

It was good to be in the front passenger seat again in car , long distance. It's been a while, and although the car headlights and Cats eyes were the only light we saw. All the passing villages and road stretches were more than familiar, from my youth's journey day's in my Fathers car going from Croydon to Bexhill and back. My Mothers parents and auntie used to live down there.

My cousin Stuart doesn't drive now due to illness .

Eutow_Intermedium

Second flower on the smaller Echinopsis SubdenudatAaargh , has just started to flop. It is oveaargh . .

=^~^=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhaG6LcijoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
K.W.

Post by K.W. »

Eutow_Intermedium wrote:Hot Hot Hot ! !

Gymnocalycium Quehlianum ( 20P )

In full swing . .

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .

Eutow_Intermedium*

WOW !!! =D>

K.W.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

That's an amazing and big G.Quehlianum!!
Bruno
Eutow_Intermedium

=^~^=

*pinks*

What can I say , thank you K.W and Brunazino. It is a nice plant.

But would you believe it , it was one of my earliest plants , and it was almost 2/3 taller than this. I had to chop a large portion of the top off due to the stem getting old and corky, and the plant had lost it's vigour.

It's shot off again since the last or there years.

No sign of many more flowers to come as yet. Just Thelocactus Tulensis

Got a BCSS Bromley branch meeting this Eve/Night . Lecture is about Turbinicarpus . Oooh luck me , so you know what plant I might come back with tonite =^-^=
Eutow_Intermedium

It has been very quiet on the flowers front for the last month , and it's me feel a bit meh.

But in recent days I have blooms again. Cant see any more indication for any more after that.

Cant believe the season over here in the UK/GB ended so quickly. :(

I had an Astrophytum Asterias Hyb bloom and also the last four flowers on Gymnocalycium Mihanovichii.

Pics to come very soon hopefully.

I haven't left.

No flowers, I have been catching up on my Bottledigging hobby , while the leaves are still up. I'm being sneaky and Bottle digging slightly early, before the prime Bottle Digging season. It's normally done in the winter when it's cold and days are short. helps to keep you active and warm yourself up in the cold.

days in February and early March when the Leafage in the ground is starting to decay and show the bare earth again. Thats the best time . But i'm still digging in the previous season. I may as well , as i've found this cushti little spot in the woods not even 3/4 mile from me gaff.

Yesterday the GF pulled out her first Cobalt blue Poison bottle. Four bottle in and she pulls out a said to be rare bottle. Jammie sod !

:D

One of the buds on my Thelocctus Tulensis dropped off , an the other is doing nothing more and stopped growing. getting to late in the season now. I think that one may fall of too eventually.

:(
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Mine are still flowing and growing, got l.williamsii flowers open up yesterday and astrophytum myriostigma with one flower open today and more buds growing. And my 2 existing ariocarpus have grown too. I bought another fissuratus which was delivered 2 days ago just aint be out with the camera yet. still a few gymnocalicium flowers and buds growing quickly and i think my tephrocactus articulus may even be flowering soon. I think the higher altitude up here in the mountains make a difference.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Eutow_Intermedium

=^~^=

Ok it's been a long time.

Haven't really had all that many flowers this season. Autumn ( fall ) is making it's way in now and the nights are drawing in , as well as daytime temps starting to feel a bit fresher.

Over the many weeks I have just about scraped up a few pictures of cacti flowers to put up.

Nothing special i'm afraid.

Gymnocalycium Baldianum
Hyb

Gymnocalycium Mihanovichii

Astrophytum Asterias Hyb day 1

Astrophytum Asterias Hyb day 2

And my favourite Euphorbia Obesa . I have never seen this amount of blooms on my plants before in the Allotment Greenhouse. Nectar smells like lemons

Enjoy . . . .

=^-^=

Eutow_Int*
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

Hey Eutow, again some nice pics, how do you know this A.asterias is a hybrid? was it labelled so when you got it?
At first I thought it seems a lot like a normal asterias, though by checking the picture details I have the impression that these ribs are a bit sharp for a normal asterias.
Bruno
Eutow_Intermedium

=^~^=

I had a Turbinicarpus Klinkerianus that had couple of buds on it. I was hoping it would flower , but unfortunately it sat there for days and gave up due to Drearism.

My last hope rest on a plant of Copiapoa Hypogea for last of the season flowers. There appears to be three buds on it.

All the buds fell of my Thelo's :(

Saying that my four headed Mammilaria has produced lots of buds on one of the larger heads in the Allotment greenhouse , and a couple of buds on another :) . I didn't think that would try to flower until next year. So I am overjoyed about that.

Also in my flat I have a single seed pod on my Mammilaria Backebergii Ernestiana of which is interesting. I also have various Turbinicarpus seed from plants that I bought Wednesday gone at the BCSS Bromley meeting with Paul Hoxey.

Pics of my new plants to come soon .