2nd half of collection @ Allotment

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: 2nd half of collection @ Allotment

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

The Mammilaria Prolifera texana plant that was in that photo recently. It was the biggest example I had in a 2'' BEF square pot that was flowering.

I sold it to Izabela for a couple of quid. As well as one of the Echinopsis Oxygona , a Gasteria Armstrongii and a Charmaecereus Silvestrii.

The other day I done a part exchange with one of the less active South london Graffiti writers Dash. I gave hims couple of larger Echinopsis Oxygona for a £5 fiver off one of his home made Dreamcatchers.

I'm hoping to build some extra shelves in the greenhouse over the allotment out of wood. I may or may not get a carpenter to do it.

Also there is an internal bed inside to one side that I recently turned over. The soil is pretty good but I had to dig quite a bit of Copnvulvulous root out. I am hoping to utilise this three to four foot stretch eventually to construct a frost free fur pose made bed for some cacti and possibly a few Alpines.

My cousin Stuart has some yellow/tan coloured bricks that came from a water feature that used to be in his back garden . They're pretty rustic and a little bit longer than a normal brick , but narrower. So I will probably have as many of those off of him that I need. But for now I have two Tomato plants and a Cucumber there.

=^-^=
Eutow_Intermedium

Finally after all this time , we have had, a hot enough day to open up the flowers on my Gymno's..

It's just a shame that half of my plants have already budded and waited, half flowered and faded before the sun came out.

But hooray , the sun has had his had on and there has been a small show of flowers on the Window sill and the greenhouse. Including a very much larger Chamaelobivia : Ragged Robin , that has had more flowers this year than i've known so far. Four :lol:

Pics will follow shortly.

But not to fear There is a Low pressure area in the Atlantic , a high pressure area and much warmer front coming up from europe and an easterly wind. Periods of stormy drearism and rain have been predicted. Normal typical british inclement weather will be back soon.

:)
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Eutow_Intermedium wrote:Finally after all this time , we have had, a hot enough day to open up the flowers on my Gymno's..

It's just a shame that half of my plants have already budded and waited, half flowered and faded before the sun came out.

But hooray , the sun has had his had on and there has been a small show of flowers on the Window sill and the greenhouse. Including a very much larger Chamaelobivia : Ragged Robin , that has had more flowers this year than i've known so far. Four :lol:

Pics will follow shortly.

But not to fear There is a Low pressure area in the Atlantic , a high pressure area and much warmer front coming up from europe and an easterly wind. Periods of stormy drearism and rain have been predicted. Normal typical british inclement weather will be back soon.

:)

Yeah we have a thunderstorm last night and now its tamping down. Well at least there is fresh rain water to collect I had kinda tun out and the cacti been dry for a while.

And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Eutow_Intermedium

Mmm Sun =P~

Makes a change

And look at the results , they speak for themselves. I have fully open flowers. Well most are.

Rebutia Buiningiana WR 511

Bit out of focus , but adds to the effect.

Gymnocalycium Baldianum hybrid

It seems the Plants that that I thought were G. Baldianum that I bought at IKEA lat year . I must have had two or three different pots with four of five heads in each in total . Two have flowered so far , one on the Living Room windowsill and this one at the allotment in the Greenhouse.

Blow me down they are hybrids. This one especially has turned out to be very nice , as it has hints of Baldianum red , pink and even orange around the tips of the petals , next to the super dark green body of the plant , it looks outstanding.

Possibly a cross between the usual two G. Baldianum and G. Schroderianum ?

Finally my plant of Chamaelobivia ( ragged robin ) has produced multiple flowers. Now that I look at the photo's again of the previous three flowers that seemed to have hinted the plants ancestral past , the flowers are basically that of Charmaecereus Silvestrii but in red with a purple/blue iridescence.

I have had this plant for many years . Here are the flowers as they should look like on the plant Chamaelobivia var Ragged Robin .

Two plants of Gymnocalycium Quehlianum . A slightly damaged irregular growing example on the left , that is beginning to clean up again , and a plant of G. Quehlianum var Albispinum on the right , as we say. Doing it's nut .

I also took the opportunity to get may finger in there =^_^= and spread a bit of pollen from the Albispinum to the normal one on the left. So with any luck I should get some G. Quehlinum seed soon.

And a photo of the G. Albispinum outside of the greenhouse .

Enjoy =^-^=

Eutow_Int*
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Cant beat gymnocalycium for flower, very nice.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
Eutow_Intermedium

A recent iPhone capture of the bottom bench with multiples of various plants including from left to right.

Gasteria Armstrongii
Faucaria
Chamaelobivia ( ragged robbin ) cuttings
Echinopsis Oxygona
Recently taken cutting ( pads ) of Opuntia Microdasy's Albata
Couple of Euphorbia Obesa in there
The Usual Suspects . Echeveria Cuspidata Zaragozae
Plants of Rebutia Heliosa that started off as pupps off of a Grafted plant. Hoping for these to do well. They have the orange flower i'm sure, although this is my second R. Hellisoa grafted plant.
various Notocctus ottonis plants , small and medium.

An Adromiscus < < GASP > >

At the back are a Yellow cactus with very strange name that I can never remember ! =^~^=

3x Stenocctus
Aloe Marlothi
two Agave Utahensis , the one on the left was a pup that emerged from the other and I potted it on.
2x Trichocereus Terschekii , one solitary and one clumped , I got both at the same time ?

And a Notocactus Buiningii that I couldn't be bothered to split up :lol:

=^-^=
Eutow_Intermedium

Overall view of the bench and top shelf

The near end of the bottom bench

These two pieces of temporary floor decking cover the Recycle bin I use to mix my compost. Here we have my stock plants for Echinopsis Oxygona that I take my pups off , also the Echinopsis Huascha in the middle, starting to grow nicely now.
An old Chamaecereus Silvestrii on the left. The Ann Barcellos ( donated ) Echinopsis Eyreisii
My ever expanding clump of Chamaelobivia ( ragged robbin ) a plant that I have been increasingly happy with in the past year or two.
Echeveria Agavoides major

and that Four headed Mammilaria Nivosa I think it is

=^-^=

And all manner of plants on the Red colured metal rack that I acquired recently. It's quite light weight. Including all my Barbara Cook Chamaecereus Silvestrii cuttings, now looking pretty big and filling 2" square BEF square pots.

Eutow_Intermedium

My unintentionally expanding collection of larger thelocacti . I say unintentionally as in my early collecting years , I didn't even know what a Thelocactus was. Now my collection has strong Backbone of older plants from this Genus.

Outside on the grass

Thelocactus Matudae 7176 rayones ( top left )
Thelocactus Rinconensis
Thelocactus Tulensis guadaloupe
Thelocactus Buekii
Thelocactus Hexaedrophorus
Thelocatus Bicolor bolansis SB 607

Smaller Thelocactus bicolour I got from B&Q
And my original smaller T. Hexadrophorus

And taking their place on the top shelf ( Thelo Backbone )

Along with Gymnocalycium Horridispinum, Gymnocalycium Denudatum ( jan suba ) Gymnocalycium Monvillei , Matucana Haynei Hystrix that aborted it's flowers this annum and the older pup of my original Gymnocalycium Intermedium Pil 113 .

Enjoy . . . .

=^_^=

Eutow_Intermedium*
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cactushobbyman

Post by cactushobbyman »

I enjoy Thelos also. :D