In the conservatory at Nash's Garden =^-^=

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

In the conservatory at Nash's Garden =^-^=

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Photo of one half of the plants in the Large conservatory at Nash's garden

Plants here are

Mammilaria Multiceps ( prolifera ) Texana
Gymnocalycium ( hibotan ) banana split on Hylocereus graft.
two of them Black Dragon plants ( white/purple flowers )
IKEA mandel pot with a selection of succulents.
3x Echeveria sp Perl von nurnburg or the like ?
That Echinopsis that flowered pale pink with stripe. The fourth bud fell off because barbara failed to water it while I was away.
Gymnocalycium Baldianum
Euphorbia Suzzanae x Bupleurifolia
Mammilaria sp.
3x Echeveria cuspidata zaragoze + one with four heads in the glazed pot next to.
Opuntia sp ? I grew this from seed this year , from a packet of seed. This was the only one that came up . Thats what you get for buying cactus seed from a garden centre I spose lol. I later chopped the top off and it grew two new pads.
3x Lithops sp
Gymnocalycium Horsti ( Bueneckeri ) LB 42

-------

The second half of the plants

Plants are

6x Echeveria cuspidata zaragozae that I took the leave's off and left them to callus and root. They now have little juvenile plants coming.

Rebutia Buiningiana
Gasteria Armstrongii ( small plant ) repotted
Aeonium sp. Cant remember the name it's a very small one with sticky leaves and little yellow flowers.
2x Mammilaria Multiceps ( prolifera ) Texana. Potted this season
Setieckinopsis Mirabilis. Has previously flowered, it's begining to show evidence of growing another bud on top. But there's allready a seed pod developing on it. As they are self fertile.

Echeveria sp: ?
Chamaelobivia sp: Looks like John Pilbeam , but the flowers were smaller and had a slight blue irridecense to the petals. I think Shot scarlet and Son of shot scarlet had the same ?

Loads of bullet proof Euphorbia Obesa that I grew from seed in 2007.

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .
CactusBoss

Re: In the conservatory at Nash's Garden =^-^=

Post by CactusBoss »

Show me your epiphytes! Lol I just love em!! Cool plants btw!
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
Eutow_Intermedium

Actualy the Rhipsalis and Schlumbergia are my mothers. She does them kind of plants.

I bought her an Epiphyllum not long ago. Nicole Paetz I think it was. She has'nt had one of those for a long time. Got it from John Pilbeam's nursery , it needed repotting and watering. His stock greenhouse is'nt as tidy and well loved as it used to be. not according to my 1995 35mm film print lol.

She also likes the Phalenopsis orchids and Streptocarpus too.

Has a canary that actualy sings :O
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

I think every cactus collection must have epiphytes!! But I also love the plants you have. You should ask your mom for some cuttings :).
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
Eutow_Intermedium

I massed up the succulent plants that were outside in Nash's garden the other day.

Here they are

The majority are in Ye olde glazed ( Druva ) pots from IKEA . These must date to the late 90's , and my mother kept her Phalenopsis orchids in them origionaly , when Moth Orchids were the next best thing in.
Also two other pot types from IEAK that I cant remember the name of. Will have to see if the label is still underneath.

Plants are mainly Echeveria Perle Von Nurnberg and I have been taking leaf cuttings from for the last couple of years as well as keeping the older plants through the winter.

The other green one I cant remember the name , but I have had it for quite a few years. I know that Major is part of the name :lol:

As for the other plant I have no Scooby Doo ( clue ).

If you click on the picture you can see them a bit closer.

Some of my attributed art that reads Druva and takes on the colours of the three colours of the pots.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/ ... G_1104.jpg

=^-^=
Eutow_Intermedium

Here's a picture of the best of the offsets I took off the Donated 30yr old Echinopsis.

I potted these up a week or so back in ordinary Multi Purp comp. I will leave them in that through this season into next. When they are a bit bigger I will put them in my cacti mix next year.

Over the last few days I have noticed that the lil fella's look a bit more spritely and green than they were previously , and thata few of them have roots showing through the drainage holes underneath.

Also in the middle is a succulent that I found dumped in a small connecting road half way between my flat and Nash's Garden. I adopted it and potted it up in the conservatory. It looks to be a Haworthia or Aloe.

The donated plant as it came in

This was first moved to my flat and then on to it's permanent location at the Allotment greenhouse.

Also today I potted up old barbara's Gymnocalycium Baldianum , as it was packing a square pot. You should have seen the root system it had , solid square block of roots :lol:
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Very nice new addition! :D
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Eutow_Intermedium

=^-^=

Thanks . .

It looks a lot different now.

I'm just going to leave it where it is now and do it's own thing in the greenhouse. I'm hoping for new offsets and who knows maybe even flowers next season.
Eutow_Intermedium

Not a cacti but I felt I had to share this photo of a Mad crazy Streptocarpus , flowering in the Conservatory at Nash's garden.

Old barbie got it from a church fete and I have been feeding it a watered down mix of Tomato fertiliser and liquid Sea weed. Looks like i'm doing something right.

Becaus it blows the socks off the ones my mother has in her flat

:toothy4:

Enjoy
Eutow_Intermedium

After already flower three times in succession one after another.

One bud falling off because Barbie failed to water the plant in the several days I was away.

The Echinopsis Oxygona in the conservatory looks to be gearing up for a Trio of blooms that could open up simultaneously. If it does then this should be quite a show.

=^-^=
Eutow_Intermedium

Flower buds fell off recently :(

But then I expected it really. It's gotten too late in the year , days are too short and gloomy to keep them going.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Always a shame when buds abort. I see the Euphorbia behind it is nice and colorful (spines) though! :D
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Eutow_Intermedium

Yes that was a cutting off of a bigger one I have at Nash's Garden in the front porch. It's an un-named plant.

The plant in front is another Euphorbia . Suzannae x Bupleurifolia
Eutow_Intermedium

Echeveria Cuspidata Zaragozae quad headed plant in a fancy glazed pot.

With two nice flower spikes. Outside in Nash's Garden buy the Aluminium rabbit pen.

Some plants move around , some don't . This is one of the plants that is permanent resident at The house at Nash's Garden

As are the big Gymnocalycium Baldianum, Echinopsis Oxygona and Rebutia Buiningiana. As well as other plants

More succulents at this location too :)
Eutow_Intermedium

Things are starting to move in the Conservatory at Nash's Garden. Barbies plants are starting to think about flowering..

Here's the 2011 Pilbeam throwaway bag rescue plant, three years on. It's gone from 3/4 inch all round plant to a mature and untidy plant that flowers profusely. Such a shame that Rebutia's very rarely make a complete ring. This is the first flush of flowers. For some strange reason the plant is producing buds lower down on the plant her the base , all higledy pigeldy <-- however you spell it .

And a portrait photo of Rebutia Buiningiana .

Echinopsis Oxygona , our original plant thats spanned three smaller plants, now over the Allotment greenhouse, and produced so many rooted cuttings . Has blessed us again with the prospect of an annual show of flowers. Two buds and more to come . I have been giving this one the Tomato/seaweed feed. =^_~=

With three nice pups developing. I have so many rooted cuttings in the Allotment greenhouse, I might actualy try and leave these to grow. The plants a good 4'' in across.

Cant wait for it to bloom =^-^=

.Gymno's Horsti and Baldianum.

Horstii seemed to be suffering up until a couple of years ago. The plant was yellow and rough, you can see the signs of it further down the sides of the plant . Since then I have been feeding the cacti in Barbies conservatory the Tomato/seaweed mix feed , and last year the plant produced two flowers. So far this year as you can see, only one pink bud is visible .

Baldianum is looking pretty hench after receiving the same feed and is tempting us with quite a few buds as you can see. I'm pretty sure Baldianum starts to offset at a larger size. But it will be the first time I have had a plant of this girth.

How I done it I don't know , but I managed to root a cutting off the Barbara Cook rescue ( easter cactus ) Not only does spud seem to be producing three possibly four new branches to all sides. But it's produced a flower bud too. This came off the larger old original plant in a terracotta pot.

That plant was visibly very old, and by the time I rescued it the neglect had reduced it an emaciated stump surrounded with limescale. Where in the past it had been watered over and over and over in the same pot and never been repotted. It took some care to get the larger original plant to take off again. But although that plant has produced new branches, it still doesn't look as pretty as spud here :lol:

And last but not least Charmaecereus Silvestrii's succulent Arch rival Sedum Morganianum in flower.

Barbie brought this plant back two or three years ago from a Church fete and I potted it up , shortly before hanging it up in a rope basket. I've watched it grow since then, and quite a lot of the Glaucous blue leaves are now looking pretty chubby at the plants lowest reaches.

But blow me down ! I didn't know S. Morganianum had red flowers =^~^= ?

Enjoy . . . .

Eut_Int*