In the conservatory at Nash's Garden =^-^=

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: In the conservatory at Nash's Garden =^-^=

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

The genuine G. Baldianum at Nash's Garden has struggled to open wide in the last few days. Here is Barbara's cactus giving it a good hard go at pushing those flowers open.

Getting to be a good sized plant now Barbies plant

Marble in the middle there. Probably from a aerosol paint tin.
Eutow_Intermedium

Ok having a bit of a mini revelation at the moment. I was at Nash's Garden Earlier , and while upstairs I found one of the old BCSS journals. Inside was an article on Rebutia's .

One of the photographs was of Rebutia Kieslingii , and it looked miraculously like the plant in the conservatory that I labeled as R. Buiningiana. I had wondered if there was more than one form of R. Buiningiana previously ?

The journal said that R. Kieslingii has a habit of clumping to an extent. But to this day the plant in the conservatory although it appears to have the same flowers as the one in the photograph , and very similar spination . Barbies plant is still a solitary plant apart from one pup bout half way up the side of the plant, that in all honesty hasn't really moved in two years.

So it seems all the Rebutia seed that I planted last August and have so many little ones. They could in fact be R. Kieslingii #-o :?:

I did look up pics via google and although some of the Buiningiana pics do look a lot like barbies plant . Pictures of R. Kieslingii in general are :-k consistently more like the plant in the conservatory at Nash's Garden. so I am personally leaning towards Kieslingii.

Can anybody give me a second opinion ? Pics are on the previous page.

Thankx

Eutow_Int*
Eutow_Intermedium

Finally managed to get a photo of the big twin Oreocereus Celsianus in the small conservatory at Nash's Garden . I first got this plant in the very rely 2000's when I was on the job doing Private gardens. It started as a single stem. and I had it in the Olds's 1950's Cedarwood greenhouse for some time , before I then moved it and planted it in the ground inside the Allotment greenhouse some years ago.

It then rotted at the base and I chopped it to save the rest of the plant . If I remember it then it grew quite big again . Frankly I can't remember everything, but I have had this plant for many years. Now it's twinned and still going strong.

Also in front are plants of Echeveria Perle Von Nurnberg . One good sized plant of over three years in flower. Echeveria Cuspidata Zaragozae and a couple of cuttings off Aeonium Schwartzkopf.

In the Oreocereus pot are the Thelocactus Rinconensis that i've had for years that hasn't done nothing. A Mammilaria Karwinskiana and a Euphorbia obese.