Gymnocalycium Intermedium Pil 113 =^-^=

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Eutow_Intermedium

Gymnocalycium Intermedium Pil 113 =^-^=

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Here are pictures of the progress of my origional Gymnocalycium Intermedium plant.

It seems that I aquired this plant way back in 1995 or before. this was when I was still at High school and so is one of my earliest plants.

The plant of which was thrown out of John Pilbeam's very own stock , was looking pretty bad at the time and thrown into his spring throwaway sack , complete with label and all. I have a list of prices indicated by coloured spots from the time. But purple is not one of them ?

Photo's of G. Intermedium that I took for a School project. Along with the origional and two rooted pups I now have.

Details of the plant when I aquired it.

The origional 1995 plant in the condition that it is in today , with yet two more pups( offsets ). You can see the big chunk I cut out of the top of the plant to reveal the new growing point. It was very bleached and did not survive the winter of 2010/11.

The pup or offset that I took off in 2012. Now making a clean plant with two flower buds and three pups of it's own , that had origionaly started life as flowers , but had aborted.

And finaly 2013's cutting of which I might have removed a month too early. i've struggled to get it to root until recently. I'm hoping the plant will begin to expand a little more soon..

I will probably leave the three offsets on the first 2012 plant. I wont be removing the next two on the origional plant until next year now.

=^-^=

Regds and peace.

Eutow_Intermedium.
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Gymnocalycium Intermedium Pil 118 =^-^=

I had the first pup in a south facing window. unfortunately I know G. Intermedium needs a little extra heat to open up.

So seeing as we are currently having a Mini heatwave over the pond here , I left it outside for a little while and went back to get a couple of photo's later.

In the sun

In the shade

Yes it's Piltz 118 , not 113 that I wrote on the label. I have now rectified that.

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Gymnocalycium Intermedium Pil 113 =^-^=

An updated picture of my two Gymnocalycium Intermedium rooted pups from 2012 and 2013

Both have buds forming on each.

You can see that the pupp , one of three on the larger one, that started as a flower and aborted to become whayt they are now. There has been some movement on that particular one. With some extra spines.

The original plant still has two offsets, but they spent all last year on the plant in 2013, because I felt them too small to take of mummy, went through the winter. I don't want to think about taking them off and starting them on they own roots until next month, when it's a bit warmer, and they have possibly softened up a bit more and a have a bit more vigour.

Enjoy . . . .

=^-^=

Eutow_Intermedium*

Also

Your next instalment of visual stimulation from April 2014 , my most recent work of art. Eutow ( painless headache ) . Have you ever had one of those Opthalmic Migraine's where you see flashing colours of red, green and blue ?

Regds & Peace

Jonathan

Eutow_Intermedium*

=^_~=

Enjoy . . . .
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

Edit : 07, 06, 2014

I'm now not convinced that this is G. Intermedium now.

I could still be but

Looking at the flowers and the darker spines . I think this could easily be my plant G. Octoterenai var Scoparium .

I still have that plant. Think I will still leave the picture here now that I have taken the effort to upload it. What you guys think ?

Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eutow_Intermedium

Outside on the grass at the allotment. A sunny day means the 2012 G. Intermedium pup has a fully open wide bloom on it.

The aborted flowers from 2012 that reverted to offsets have seen some extra growth.

G. Intermedium 2012 pup from above

Hoping the 2013 cutting with catch up and bloom too this season.
Eutow_Intermedium

During the late morning the 2013 cutting of G. Intermedium opened up on the sunny south window sill.

That unruly spider like flower that the plant sometimes has.

=^_~=